Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

retro taco... nice

Old 03-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
retro taco... nice

2nd gen with a 1st gen feel... sorry if its a repost

from SEMA '08

Old 03-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
Its a repost but its a glorious repost Is that a 3'' lift on it or a 6''?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122

Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they still had the manual 4x4 shifter. My old '94 had the locking hubs and the 4x4 stick. While I'm glad I don't have to get out and lock the hubs anymore, I do miss that shifter. I don't know why. Just always been more partial to that than the knob. My dad used to have an '88 in that beige/yellow color with the brown stripes. Ahh...the good old days.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Seen it and still love it. I really like how they filled in the spot under the taillights so its not all ugly with a cool bumper!!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not too crazy about the interior. But it is a bad truck

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...EMA_199149.htm
Old 03-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad at all, I like it.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #11
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the interior sucked ass, but the rest is sweet. I want a roll pan and back bumper like this truck. The grill is pretty sick too.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
it has an airbag switch too
Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
madmartigan is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
madmartigan's Tacoma Gallery
dose anyone know what kinda of bushguard that is or where you can get one?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #16
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Seen it before a few times, but I just noticed for the first time that the inside of the bed is white!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
i absolutely love to look at it, but i couldn't do it to my own, but will give crazy props to those who do
Old 03-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #18
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry nothing retro about that truck.

I understand old school drive train however look-wise, it's bad mash-up of the newer-bigger-bulgier styling with old-school color and that silly out-of-scale bumper guard.

A stock 2nd gen looks way better than that silly SEMA attempt IMO.

That being said, the newer Tacomas will never match these original beauties in the looks department

Old 03-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #19
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
info about it:

The Tacoma Truck Concept, coated in a cream pearl exterior and retro stripes that had us fondly reminiscing about our first off-road experience in the 80s. A four-cylinder engine is mated to a four-speed automatic gearbox and a four-wheel-drive system (4x4x4) pulled from Landcruiser, featuring a solid front axle, transfer case and Toyota Motorsport rear axle. A custom roll bar and front grill joins KC Daylighter six-inch lights, Bushwacker fender flares and American Racing AR-23 wheels. And the exterior isn't the only thing retro about this Tacoma. According to our man Mike Levine from Pickuptrucks.com, the seats are swathed in 20-year-old Recaro fabric that the Toyota crew found in the corner of their warehouse.

Toyota Tacoma Retro Concept Truck Features
  • Cream Pearl Exterior with retro stripes by Focus on Cars
  • Brown interior with Recaro fabric by Fast Ed’s Interiors
  • Full drivetrain conversion to Landcruiser solid front axle, transfer case, rear axle by Toyota Motorsports Technical Group
  • Custom tubular bumpers, roll bar
  • Custom front grill by Focus on Cars
  • Grant’s Kustoms Rear Roll Pan
  • KC Daylighter 6" Off Road lights
  • Bushwacker Fender Pocket Style Fender Flares
  • American Racing AR-23 wheels
  • BF Goodrich All Terrain KO tires
Old 03-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #20
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Wow those white steel rims take me back.................