1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 wheel parts...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SUMMIT556, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Nov 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    SUMMIT556

SUMMIT556 [OP] FCK Lightbars sponsor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5 4-cyl
    Bilstein 5100 front, FOX 2.0 remote resi rear, 2in add a leaf, OME 885 coils, magnaflow exhaust, LCE header, Toyo ATII 285/75/r16, fck lightbars, retrofit headlights and more.
    Well would think 4 wheel parts would be a good company to order some stuff from. Free shipping and $10 off orders over $150. It has been a few days and nothing from them after I placed my order. So I called them wondering when my order will ship out. A nice lady answered the phone helping me with my order then told me it was 2-3 weeks out from shipping. That's when everything went down hill. She transferred me to the sales department and some guy answered. He was OK at first then I told him to cancel my order and said yup will do and hung up the phone. He was the rudest person I have ever encountered when buying something from their store. So bottom line they have good prices and some good deals but the hassle with dealing with them and trying to get your money back horrible. I would be willing to spend $20 more for better customer service.

2. Nov 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    What were you ordering?

3. Nov 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    Lordaca

Lordaca Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPRT DC LB 4x4
    Weathertech floor liners and wind deflector, OEM roof Rack, Wet Okoles seat covers, cb installed
    There is a 4 wheel parts down the road and I feel the same way. I would have bought some stuff from them today if they had a better attitude. Every time there is a store like that there is just no customer service. It kinda sucks because they are the closest off-road shop around and I don't mind paying for service. I guess I will continue to shop online for everything.

4. Nov 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    SUMMIT556

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5 4-cyl
    Bilstein 5100 front, FOX 2.0 remote resi rear, 2in add a leaf, OME 885 coils, magnaflow exhaust, LCE header, Toyo ATII 285/75/r16, fck lightbars, retrofit headlights and more.
    G2 wheel spacers.

5. Nov 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
  6. Nov 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    SUMMIT556

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5 4-cyl
    When the guy hung up on me I was shocked. Didn't except that. They should have handled it way better. The wheel spacers I was ordering were out of stock and they didn't even tell me until I called.

7. Nov 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    Lordaca

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPRT DC LB 4x4
    Weathertech floor liners and wind deflector, OEM roof Rack, Wet Okoles seat covers, cb installed
    Service goes a long way in my book. Hopefully SDHQ is better at providing service. I have been looking at wheels for my truck I really like the tx pro black wheels but they are a pain to get. They had a similar wheel by pro comp but no price on it. When I asked about the he pointed to a magazine and said the price is in there. Plus I went in there to get more info on rock sliders and the different options. He kinda made me feel like I was bothering. If I was a sales man selling off-road items I would started by trying to see what I wanted to do. Even if it were something small to get his business for when he did make a large purchase.

8. Nov 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    dilligaff82

dilligaff82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    I tried dealing with them years ago... I don't remember the specifics but in the end they weren't able to fulfill my order after a few weeks of going back and forth with them I got my money back and took my business elsewhere.

9. Nov 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    AKTacoParty

AKTacoParty Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Astoria, OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB
    885s, Dakars, Bilsteins, Allpro Sliders, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, Wheelers Ubolt flip, super bumps, RCI front skid
    Good Customer service goes a very long way to me. I am willing to pay a lot more for good customer service. My dad and I almost got into a fight at a Harley store with some punk ass kid that was totally ignoring us and we were looking at exhausts(not cheap). /rambling

10. Nov 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    I've had good results dealing with the local store in Charlotte, NC. But dealing with the main company over the phone was not as good of a result.

11. Nov 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    I can't stand these type of places. They almost always have terrible customer service. They act like they're the shit, and are so snobbish. I work with surgeons that are more humble.

12. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    Lordaca

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPRT DC LB 4x4
    It's amazing how many people 4 wheel parts has turned away by reading this. I personally won't go in that place again. I do like sdhq responding and getting service so quickly. I just wish a local shop would step up and provide good customer service. Sometimes to talk with someone to get your own ideas for customizing your truck is what you need. I love Tw but seeing it in person is different ideas and I am better with hands on than hands off. I enjoyed the event I went on with tw and a 4 runner forum to see what everyone else had done. That was a different truck and a very poor college student. Now I want to start playing with the new truck.

13. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    rolsen916

rolsen916 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Sacramento, CA
    I had a REALLY BAD customer service experience as well. Mine was at the Sacramento location back in 2010. After paying for my order, they called me later that day to tell me the tires I wanted were not in stock. Keep in mind they already had my money. After going down the list of choices that were all out of stock...go figure..the pro comp MT's were the only tire available. This is pretty much their brand tire. To make matters worse, the sales guy said he would call me when my order came in (about two weeks). After patiently waiting two and a half weeks, I called only to find out my order had been there for quite some time. Point of this rant is you should expect better service when spending a lot of green.

14. Nov 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    SUMMIT556

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5 4-cyl
    I just gave with 4 wheel parts. The smaller companies may not have the best prices but they do have the best customer service.

15. Nov 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Ya... ordered a brush guard for my Silverado.
    Special order.
    3 weeks later, no word.
    Checked, told it was on backorder.
    Got my money back and bought one from Summit.

My transmission guy said that 4WP owed him a fair amount of money and they were bad about paying suppliers, causes a lot of "backorders"

16. Nov 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM
    TxFireman

TxFireman Factory Pilot

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC-SB TRD-OR, tow package, entune/nav
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of dealing with them. I just went through an ordeal of trying to find some UCA bushings for my 97 Z71. No one had the bushings, called 4wheel and the guy tells me their back ordered into last year. great, really didn't want to tear it down and measure with the hope I could find something else. Another afternoon of playing call here and there, and I end up talking to the lift company, .. again .. and the guy says he has 40 sets in stock. Puts me through to 4wheel and I ordered them. I told him I was told they were BO and he says he doesn't know why I was told that. Talk about a huge pain in the arse.. I've spent months and months trying to get them, only to find out one of the places I called the first time had them all along. They seem to be pretty hit and miss at best. Pretty frustrating experience, but at least they're enroute now.

17. Nov 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    yote

yote Washington State University

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Ext Cab TRD Off-Road
    I've had good experiences at the store here in Lynnwood, WA-- although ordering online is muuuuch cheaper for most parts. Labor is a freaking joke, I had a problem with my LF240s wiring and to even LOOK at the directions/my wiring they wanted to charge me $70. That is just to look, helping with the wiring is at least $100 more after that.

Major rip off.

18. Nov 28, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    Yeah same here. Stopped using them a few years back ..

19. Nov 28, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    I've dealt with 4Wheelparts before and encountered the same "rudeness". Their customer service is one of the worst I've dealt with. Horrible company. I will never buy anything from them again, and will continue passing the word around.

This was sort of my problem. I ordered wheels and tires at the same time form them. Two weeks later, after not hearing a word from them, I called and asked if my wheels and tires were in yet. They told me my wheels have been in, but my tires are on back order for 2 months. . . REALLY. You couldn't have told me that when I ordered them???

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  20. Nov 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    Twinkie0311

Twinkie0311 Mall crawling like a boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    OME Lift w/ Dakars, TRD catback exhaust, 275/70/17 with SCS Stealth 6. and much more.
    Yeah I sent the local store an email about a month ago asking some basic questions and haven't heard anything back. Looks like most people on here have had bad experiences with them. I'll just take my money elsewhere then

Products Discussed in

To Top