1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mwc273, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Nov 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    mwc273

mwc273 [OP] Nothing is as it seems.

Member:
    `

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. Nov 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Wheel speed sensor most likely. Take it back to dealer, have them hook it up to the computer and find out what exactly is the problem

3. Nov 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    jfr02

jfr02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb 6spd sport
    the fact the battery has a bad cell is the reason when first tested by the dealer the battery tested good. the problem with a battery that has a bad cell is you can test it multiple times and will test good. the dealer can't make the battery test bad had you went back to the dealer when battery went dead again they would have tested the battery a few more times and more than likely would have found the issue. If you honestly think the dealer was trying to screw you out of a battery than you must be a very cynical person. the dealer isn't losing any money if they warranty your battery. If you want to know why most mistakes happen at a dealership is because at most times of the day techs are being force fed multiple orders at a time I for one have up to 5 orders sitting on my box at a time and they are all waiting. so when your truck or anyone else's vehicle come in for a dead battery and the battery and charging system test good and the tech has multiple orders and a service manager and service and advisor breathing down his neck t what happened to you becomes the norm. this isn't an excuse it what is nowadays everyone that comes in for service wants their car done 10 minutes ago and your truck suffers because of someone else's impatience. and yes there are some just plain bad dealers out there

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  4. Dec 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    Hugh Morron

Hugh Morron Manic Mechanic

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCLB SR5 4X4 Barcelona Red Metallic
    ARE Cap, AVS Bugdeflector II, AVS Ventshades, DTRL delete, ABS/VSC/TRAC disable, Toyota LSD with clutchpacks, N-Fab Lightbar, Hella 700ff lights
    I had a similar experience with a battery with a bad cell in it. I had a battery from Walmart (go ahead everyone roll your eyes) and I took it back. They said they had to test it first before they could give me a new one. They came back 5 minutes later and told me the battery was fine and it just needed to be recharged. I looked at them and said COME ON this battery won't start my truck !!! They said they had a bigger battery tester but it would take 25-30 minutes to test it. I told them to test it and I would wait. When they came back they apologized and said it had a bad cell and their smaller tester did not pick it up. They gave me a new battery and sent me on my way.

What I'm pointing out is that maybe their testing equipment was too small to pick up the bad cell. Some of the smaller ones are no more than VOMs (volt ohm meter)and as long as it shows more than 12 volts it is good. You have to put a battery under a serious load to really test it. Still the dealers fault, though.

5. Dec 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    You're wrong about the "would not cost them anything under warranty". I know a local car dealership business manager, and he has a quota he has to be under for warranty repairs. If he goes over the quota, then he is going to have a problem with retaining his job. The dealerships deny alot of warranty work for this reason, but if the reason is good enough, then they are more than obligated to do it. It's not fair to the consumer, but it is was it is.

6. Dec 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    jfr02

jfr02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb 6spd sport
    no I am not wrong. TOYOTA PAYS FOR THE BATTERY SO PARTS MAKES A PROFIT TOYOTA PAYS FOR LABOR SO THE TECHNICIAN AND THE DEALER PROFIT. There is no quota for warranty repairs. a service manager may get audited for extremely high warranty claims or if Toyota sees a extremely high amount of claims for a certain component. so your friend has gave you a half truth or fed you a line of bs or possibly you miss understood him. I've been in this business for about 17 years and as long as a service manager is making money customer pay and warranty repairs he is going to have a job. there is no set monthly or yearly limit for warranty claims.

7. Dec 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4

Guess that's how toyota works, I was speaking of a different company, assuming that all companies were similar. Guess not.

Products Discussed in

To Top