1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog Light Help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MudFlap, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dec 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    MudFlap

MudFlap [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Memphis (north mississippi)
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    I had a rock take out the passenger side fog light a while back and Im trying to get it replaced now. I have the replacement fog light and I cant figure out how to get the old one off. I look under there from laying on the ground and I cant see any type of bolt heads or anything of the sort. Can anyone guide me on how these things come off?

Also what about setting the adjustment screw on the new fog light housing? Its a direct OEM part from Toyota, does it come "preset"?

Any advice at all would be apreciated, thanks!

2. Dec 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    MudFlap

MudFlap [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Memphis (north mississippi)
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Nevermind guys, I just knocked that shit out in a bout 10 mins. :D

I went out to take pics to show yall what I was seein. I was able to get the camera at agles my head couldnt see from and I seen that there were only TWO SMALL SCREWS holding that bad boy in there.

For those that have the same problem I had. To replace a fog light in a 2012 Tacoma (that was for google searches cause I couldnt find ANYTHING when I searched) There are 2 small phillips head screws on the outside (like toward the side of the bumber) holding it in place. Once those 2 screws are out, grap the lights and wiggle it to the outside (again.... Outside = toward the side of the bumper). When ya see how it comes out youll be like DUH! To get the new one in place, slide the inside "tabs" into the slots and replace the screws on the other side. Hope I helped ya out.

Products Discussed in

To Top