1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

971 miles on my '13 Taco and I'm at the Dealer...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Cardinals06, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dec 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    Cardinals06

Cardinals06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport - Red
    I bought this truck a couple weeks ago brand new and ever since it has had a small shimmy kind of shake going down the road around 50-70mph. Nothing too serious, steering wheel don't shake at all. Took it into the dealer and every single tire was off balance. Took it down the road and still had the same issue. They put it back on the lift and they found out that the factory Bridgestone tires on the rear are out of round! They already ordered me two new ones free of charge and are installing them tomorrow, they couldn't have been nicer about the deal. I just thought it was odd that brand new tires on a brand new vehicle can be out of round lol. Other than my soda bottle shaking going down the highway, I love my new truck! I don't think I could live without the bluetooth and back up camera now. I'm also going this saturday to get the front two windows tinted and the top of the windshield. Should I go the legal 35% which you can hardly tell, or do the 20% that would most likely match the back? I'm enjoying TW!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. Dec 3, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    EFalco50

EFalco50 Woah! How did that get here?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    2012 Single Cab 4x4
    Weather Tech Floor liners, AFE drop in air filter, BFG All Terrain's, Fog lights, Reese Hitch, Undercoating/Rustproofing,
    35% is good enough not to dark at night.

3. Dec 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    slaphappy

slaphappy Mama didn't raise no fool

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    River Valley
    Vehicle:
    Silver Fresco 2010 FJ Cruiser 4WD
    Just ask them to match the rear as close as they can. That's what I did and it's damn near perfect for me.

4. Dec 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Sport M/T AC 4WD & '15 TRDOR DCSB 4WD
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Glad you're enjoying your new truck.
    Out of round tires isn't unheard of. I remember back in the late 80's/early 90's there were Uniroyal & Firestone tires on new GM & Ford vehicles that were found to be out of round.
    As far as tint goes, IMO it's best to stay within the letter of the law. I agree that the back-up camera is great.
    Good luck with your truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top