1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tpot13, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Feb 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    rofl. yes, a lot of people know... and sometimes the rumors posted are true. what's worse is the whiners on these threads...

2. Feb 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    pittsnogled

pittsnogled I like turtles

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2014TRDsport
    5100's all around with OME 884 at 0. Weathertechs, Carhartt seat covers. BFG KO2's 265/70/17. T4R SEMA wheels. 18% tint on front windows. General Springs HD 4 leaf pack, Leer 100 XR shell.
    your sources? haha.thats funny. your buddy sell toyotas or something?

come on man.

3. Feb 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    i herd toyota iz bringing bak the unimog with v14 turbo diesel gas injection engine and lockers with rear independent suspention and front solid axle frum factory. Fuk all u with the earlier ones.. im getting a 2015

4. Feb 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    was a vp at Toyota. about a year before the recent minor redesign he told me they were doing that - and I passed it along to this board. it's here, look it up. the intent was to change engines at some point, not sure why it's taken so long (he's retired from Toyota now). he also stated he personally thought they'd have diesel at some point simply because of the mpg requirements, but that would be a ways off it they did. there are people on this thread that work at Toyota and post what they know. how's that for sources? you okay with that?

many rumors turn out to be untrue, some turn out to be true. not sure why people whine so much about this thread. don't like it? don't come here.

5. Feb 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    jamesinkeys

jamesinkeys Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    florida keys
    Vehicle:
    pre runner
    pimped
    Been waiting over two years...Wanting to buy now, then read how dated this truck is, go back to waiting. Thought this is it, March 2014 will bring out the 2015. No! Another year. Love all the rumors, scuttlebutt, truths untruths...what is in the future. See who is right or wrong. The Taco has a spell on me..so I just cant move on, and be done with it lol.

6. Feb 9, 2014 at 3:15 PM
    pittsnogled

pittsnogled I like turtles

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2014TRDsport
    5100's all around with OME 884 at 0. Weathertechs, Carhartt seat covers. BFG KO2's 265/70/17. T4R SEMA wheels. 18% tint on front windows. General Springs HD 4 leaf pack, Leer 100 XR shell.
    Was a VP?

I just dont put much stock into "sources". It will happen that is a fact, when is not quite known yet.

7. Feb 9, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    TacoJonn

TacoJonn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB Sport 4x4, '78 FJ40
    There are all sorts of bogus reports online about the redesigned Tacoma (some posted here). Don't pay attention to those. First confirmed reports of a press release or leak and all the reputable auto magazines will probably make it their cover story on their website (Motortrend, Pickuptrucks.com etc.).
    I must say that I am too disappointed the 2015 haven't been redone. The Chevy Colorado is likely to take a substantial chunk out of the Tacoma sales, although I still think the Tacoma will sell more. With confirmed news of a Nissan Frontier diesel and GM offering diesels in their mid-sized pickups, Toyota has to play some catch up.
    I do not foresee the new Tacoma turning into a soccer mom ride. They know their target demo is people who want off road capability over creature comforts in a truck. I just hope a manual transmission is still offered.

8. Feb 9, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    mrbadwrench

mrbadwrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleveland Ohio area
    Vehicle:
    2014 GMC Sierra 4x4, 1988 Mitsubishi J53
    I forsee the Tacoma line being discontinued eventually. It's currently on the same path as the Ford Ranger...slumping sales, outpaced by competitors, not compatible with CAFE...and we all know how that ended for the Ranger.

9. Feb 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    Rangers are also CRAP

10. Feb 9, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northside of Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma BAJA T/X dcsb
    Weathertech floor mats, Go Rhino Dominator II step bars, EGR in channel ventshades, homemade spare tire bed rack, hitch step, K&N air filter and cabin air filter, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, Phillips LED headlights, Yellow Jacket yellow foglights, led back up lights, Mobtown tailgate stiffener, Wheeler's 3 leaf add a leaf, Firestone ride rite airbags, Bentrodders bed reinforcement stiffeners, PIAA windshield wipers
    They only discontinued the Ranger in the U.S.. The rest of the world still gets the "Global" Ranger that's half way in between the size of the Ranger and the F-150. It is based upon the Sport Trac format with four doors but sports a turbo diesel and 6 speed. All of the mid and small truck manufacturers would make a killing if they got their heads out of their ass's and made a fuel efficient diesel version. Oh that's right most of them already do they just don't sell them in the U.S..

Hell if all the midsize trucks had the same V8's in them as the fullsize trucks did they would get great gas mileage as apposed to the horrible mileage they get now with the underpowered V6's, I5's and I4's. Sure the 4.0's in the Tacoma get it moving pretty good but if it had a V8 it would be able to push the heavy Taco a lot easier. Just my opinion.

The way the country is going with "better economic cars and trucks" the days of the real trucks are quickly coming to an end.

Examples:

Ford Sport Trac, 1st Gen's had full frames with rear solid axle's. 2nd Gen's had IFS to make it lighter, more road friendly and more car like. Ford discontinued this model because they took the Eco friendly truck theme too far.

Jeep, was a great truck and SUV builder but now has killed off the Grand Cherokee and is now trying to call whatever the hell this new SUV is a Grand Cherokee, next is the stallion of Jeep's stable, the Wrangler JK, no more solid axles, WTF???

Ford's new F series trucks being all aluminum. I've been in the autobody field for along time and these trucks are going to be totaled after a decent hit because it's going to cost a fortune to replace the aluminum panels as well as pay as good bodyshop to weld aluminum instead of the tin they've been calling steel for years now.

Ok. rants over, back on topic...

Who knows what the new Tacoma will look like or what drivetrain it'll have but hopefully Toyota is paying attention to the forums and see's what buyers really want in a truck. Ten years on the same platform is excessive, common for foreign automakers nowadays but it's time for a redesign. The good thing about a model with that long of a run is there's going to be parts trucks available for a long time.

11. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    TacoJonn

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    You are clueless. The Tacoma is Toyota's best selling pickup. It dominates the mid-sized truck segment. Even though this market has shrank they still sell a lot of these pickups.
    They discontinued the Ranger because Ford wanted to sell more F-150's. The Ranger was also a pile of steaming poo.

12. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    Vantage

Vantage Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Titan Pro 4x
    Jeep still has a great fuel efficient Grand Cherokee, and although it's independent rear suspension, it can still go lots of places. It can also be be had with air suspension that provides 11" of ground clearance, more than a tacoma.

The v6 model also gets 22-25 mpg with 300hp, and it has a v8 and diesel option.

The jeep that sucks is the Cherokee, which is ugly, but you can get the trailhawk which has a rear locker and as much ground clearance as an offroad tacoma. All while getting 25-30mpg.

13. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    W Bishop

W Bishop Stupid should be painful!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stone
    South Fulton Tn
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma 4X4 Reg Cab
    ToyTec coil over kit, Sliver Coils, Bilstein 5100 front & rear, Light Racing SPC UCA. Painted to match Coils, OEM Tacoma 4 leaf pack, Undercover, AFE Pro Dry air filter, Painted grill surround, FJ Cruiser Trail 17" wheels, Rubber bed mat, fog lights and sliders.
    What they say.

14. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    western88

western88 Chris b.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    ny countryside
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4 taco Barclona Red
    beather mod Bugsheild backup light mod egr vent
    does some folks thinks the sky is falling .. the sky is falling as the little chicken says.. many folks would fall for this false hope.. un fuckin believable.

15. Feb 10, 2014 at 9:34 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    My God. Why folks dont understand that the lack of Diesel is not Toyota choice, its because people elect freaks that instruct EPA to issue stupid guidelines.
    The only way to get Diesel is to overly complicate one and reduce power to the point that one will need Mayan Calendar to measure 0-60...
    :rolleyes:

16. Feb 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    03DBLCABTACO

03DBLCABTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tomball TX
    Vehicle:
    Cavalry Blue 2019 TRD OFF-ROAD 4X4
    Modernize of 2015 Toyota Tacoma

As far as weight reduction 2015 Toyota Tacoma, along with his or her completely new design and style of outdoor so that you can boost aerodynamics, in line with the witout a doubt observed we could merely suppose. When in the prep Tacoma automobile intended for 2015 would utilize far more metal in comparison with other resources, the particular weight aren't going to be substantially reduced, since this kind of pickup truck in comparison to full-size designs doesn't need considerably to forfeit, although may perhaps compensate for that variation the item eliminate abolishing One Pickup's cab version. The most effective case of bettering aerodynamics supplies a type of Avoid Ram 1500 having a barbeque blinds. Keeping the particular stream of air flow when it is not necessary, this kind of model provides elevated mpg from 20 to be able to 30. Can Toyota benefit from this kind of answer so that you can boost mpg, is just not still acknowledged, but it would certainly be a very good proceed.

17. Feb 12, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    03DBLCABTACO

03DBLCABTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tomball TX
    Vehicle:
    Cavalry Blue 2019 TRD OFF-ROAD 4X4
    Who writes this crap?

18. Feb 13, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    snowmanwithahat

snowmanwithahat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2013 Spruce Mica DCSB, TRD OR, V6, Auto
    Looks like a really poor translation lol

19. Feb 13, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    TacoJonn

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    I think Toyota sends out little gremlins to post this stuff on the internet to trip our types up.

20. Mar 27, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    RIKDRT1

RIKDRT1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SanDiego, CA
    Vehicle:
    LongBed Black Beauty 4x4
    we all know the Tacoma will be redesigned, but I am thinking Toyota is being sneaky about sayin the trd-pro for 2015 is coming. I think it is, but I think the redesigned Tacoma if its 2015 or 2016 will be available very early nxt year or maybe jan2 2015.....

I don't think they will take too long to release the trd-pro line either.

they have to do something like this or else sales of the current 14-15 would plummet to nothing. Im just paranoid but I am not buying the story and feel were being told half truths...

Nissan, chevy, gmc will see some serious sales #'s if Toyota doesn't get it out into production soon. chevy looks good .. but then again - against a 10yr old stale Tacoma it should. cant wait to find out either way. nobody knows but I wish Toyota would send some teaser or info out soon !! were dying to spend some $$$..

Products Discussed in

To Top