1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Used Tire $$

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WhiteNemesis, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Dec 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    Question: Im picking up some 33's that are going on a new set of rims, and I am wanting to sll my TRD rims and tires to help offset the cost.

Would it be better to sell them as a package or separate.
    What is the current going rate for TRD Tacoma rims and the tires with 8k miles on em? Rims in good shape but have a lil carnage from 4wheeling, same with tires, lots of life left.

2. Dec 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    oldswab

oldswab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    14 dbl cab TRD OR 6MT
    I bought a set of rims+tire takeoffs for my '04, then I bought a new '14 and put some goodyear adventure tires on it.

I paid $1000 for the take-offs (brand new aluminum with stock BFG Rugged Trails), they kept my garage floor from levitating away for about six months, and I listed them on Craigslist for $800 and sold them for $700.

The GY tires went on a week after I bought the new truck. I made a deal to sell the 4 stock (BFG RT) tires for $400. I noticed one tire had some damage on the lip that shouldn't have compromised the bead, but I still knocked off a $100 just to move them. So, 3+1 tires for $300 on a deal that was supposed to have been 4 for $400.

If you have patience to wait, you will drive a better deal. If you get tired of seeing them taking up space, or if someone else gets tired of seeing them taking up space...well, it's only money. Peace of mind is far more valuable, in many respects.

It took me about a week to sell it all, but I think I was pretty low on my asking price. Your mileage will vary.

Products Discussed in

To Top