1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tilting the seat bottoms ...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aaronb43, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Sep 23, 2007 at 8:54 PM
    aaronb43

aaronb43 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    Hi,

I have had my new taco now for about a month, and the only complaint that I have thus far is that my legs sometimes fall asleep on long trips (3 hours +). I think that part of the problem is that the seat bottoms are tilted such that your knees end up being quite a bit higher than your butt, thus creating a blood flow problem. Has anybody else here experienced the same problem? What about the idea of raising the back part of the seat which would raise your butt position relative to your knees? Just a thought!

2. Sep 24, 2007 at 8:59 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Sorry, i havn't had this problem yet. Maybe you just have abnormally long legs :)

Seriously though, as far as i know there is no way to tilt the seats. i havn't looked but then again i havn't yet had a reason to. have you searched the owners manual?

3. Sep 24, 2007 at 9:25 AM
    aaronb43

aaronb43 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    Thanks for the response.

I am only 6 feet tall ... perhaps I have abnormal anatomy! :)

I thought that there might be a way to unbolt the seats and use some bushings or washers to prop up the back of the seats ... but to be honest I have not had a close look at the set-up.

4. Sep 24, 2007 at 9:49 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm 6ft too, maybe you're legs are longer or you have an unusual sitting posture, i dont know. There may be a way to do it if you go to the trouble of unbolting stuff and getting into the guts of your truck. i really wouldn't know though. You need to be careful since there are sensors in your seat (airbag, seatbelt stuff like that)

5. Sep 24, 2007 at 10:11 AM
    navysob

navysob Carolina Alliance: Virginia Beach and Greenville

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 SR5
    28/20 Tint, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, 3" AAL's, Front Level Kit, Gas Shocks in the Rear, Tow Hitch, Black Step-Bars, Bull Bar, Off Road Lights
    I am 5'9... I have the same problem, but only when I have anything in my back pockets, like a wallet or cell phone. When I take them out, the problem goes away.

6. Sep 24, 2007 at 4:22 PM
    rpoint16

rpoint16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off-Road, Super White.
    Bone Stock
    I'm 6'4", 200lbs. I had a 95 tacoma for 7 years, bought my 08 last month. You definatley ride lower in the cab with the new body style. I'm just used to being uncomfortable so nothing bothers me much. I drove the new Tundras for awhile, VERY COMFORTABLE!!!!

I wonder what it would take to get power seats in a Tacoma.

7. Sep 25, 2007 at 4:07 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    There really isn't any room for the motor, slides, or gearing for a power seat option (aftermarket). They should have put it in to begin with.

That being said, there was an article on another Toyota site that had something about raising the seat with washers. I will see if I can find it.

8. Sep 25, 2007 at 4:19 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    :( I can't seem to find it anywhere. I should have bookmarked it.

9. Sep 25, 2007 at 5:09 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Me too but I dont have any circulation problems. After the tire's, the seats suck the most. I guess, I've got used to the seats now but do need a stretch on long runs. :bananadance:

10. Sep 25, 2007 at 5:28 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    I used to stretch like that. Embarrased the hell out of my wife. I think even the dogs walked away like, "I don't know that guy." :D :p

11. Sep 25, 2007 at 6:42 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Am i the only one that likes the seats and the seating position in my truck? I love the seats and the position. the only complaint i have is that the arm rests are too low. I have to lean to the left to rest my arm. other than that i have no complaints.

12. Sep 25, 2007 at 6:53 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I agree with you ND. I think the seats are one of the best features of the truck. I am 6'2". I find them very comfortable, way more comfortable than my leather Grand Prix seats from my previous car. However, I must say that I have not taken the taco on a 3+ hour trip yet. When I do take a long trip I always take a stretch break every couple hours anyways so I probably wouldn't notice.

13. Sep 25, 2007 at 6:53 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Nah, ND, I'm going to back you 110% on this. I absolutely love the seats in my truck. The support and side bolsters in these seats are great. I love the seats and the seating position in this truck so much more than my 2004 taco.

14. Sep 25, 2007 at 6:59 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Your not the only one. I love the seats too. I have issues with the armrests, but I ignore that most of the time.

The seats are more along the lines of my old Accord Coupe, RX-7, Jetta, Legacy, GTI - heck! all of my old cars had the low slung comfy seats. No wonder I am complacent. :rolleyes:

15. Sep 25, 2007 at 7:04 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    I have! My wife is of the "don't stop" persuasion. We have driven 8 1/2 hours without stopping in my old Jetta TDI. I think the dogs pee'd for 10 minutes when we got out. :eek:

16. Sep 25, 2007 at 7:13 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    My wife would NEVER go on a long trip in the tacoma. PERIOD! I got her to go to Kansas City (about an hour away) once, but she only did it because it was new. She says it is way too "bumpy". Picky...picky...picky... She does like teh seats though.

17. Sep 25, 2007 at 7:16 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, i take alot of trips and never get uncomfortable. I use to have back problems in the beamer but with the lumbar support i can drive all day and be fine (except for the damn arm rests!) But like i said, i came from a beamer which sits low and at an angle, so maybe thats why i love the seats so much.

007: Me and your wife would get along fine. I'm also of the "dont stop" persuasion. My idea of stoping is slowing down enough so the passenger can jump out, pee while i keep rolling, and then run to catch back up and jump in. I stretch when i get to where i'm going, or when i have to stop and fill up.

18. Sep 25, 2007 at 7:16 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    My wife won't ride in my Tacoma on long distance either. If we take the Tacoma on any long trip it was either because she was driving the RAV4, I went by myself, or we had no other choice. :(

I am used to having "the" vehicle. Oh well, it keeps her from eating in my truck (she is messy). :p

19. Sep 25, 2007 at 7:19 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Last time I took a trip with her in the Tacoma (Houston and back) she had to hit the restroom, but didn't want to stop. I told her she could crawl through the back window, moon the cars behind us, and go over the tailgate (as to not get it on my truck). She didn't think it was very funny. She held it till we got home.

20. Sep 25, 2007 at 7:19 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i still cannot for the life of me figure out this "bumpy" complaint. What are these people driving?! My Taco is the smoothest ride i have ever had. Do these people drive around in town cars all day? i'm sure the ride is different from a Caddy or a Crown Vic but come on, this is a damn smooth ride. Everytime i hear someone complain about these trucks being bumpy i get extremely confused. I have gotten at least 8 or 9 compliments on teh ride of my truck. everyone says it rides like a lifted car. Maybe my tires are slightly underinflated i dont know. I want to ride in one of the trucks thats getting the bumpy complaint

Products Discussed in

To Top