LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ATTN: Retrofit people. How did you seal your headlight rubber boot?

Old 12-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
itzyoboipaul will become famous soon enough

Name: Paul
itzyoboipaul's Tacoma Gallery
ATTN: Retrofit people. How did you seal your headlight rubber boot?

tackled my first retrofit ever. honestly wasn't too bad except I had a little fogging this cold wet morning (about 28degrees and light rain)

need advice regarding the rubber boot behind the headlight. this is for my 2013 tacoma. I just did a morimoto mini h1 retrofit from trs was wondering how you usually close the opening of the rubber boot where the projector wires and bulb wires come out.

im pretty confident i resealed very well using trs butyl and a lot of clamps and even added a little silicone after. after parking the car, about an hour later the fog is gone

i had some tape all over it so that theres no opening whatsoever at first (when the fogging occured) but i read the headlight needs to breathe also
Do you just leave it as is with a little bit of gap? do you put silicone? maybe electrical tape to try to close any opening?

what did you guys do to the opening of your rubber boot?

thank you in advance