Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What product do you use on your tires to make them look new and shiny?

Old 12-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
tgrizzle73 is a jewel in the roughtgrizzle73 is a jewel in the roughtgrizzle73 is a jewel in the roughtgrizzle73 is a jewel in the rough

Name: tim
tgrizzle73's Tacoma Gallery
What product do you use on your tires to make them look new and shiny?

Armor All?
Old 12-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I only use Westley's Bleach white to clean. Honestly those tire dressing do little more than attract dirt and dry rot your sidewalls.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Vinylex Protectant

armorall has silicone in it which over time causes cracks in rubber and plastic. I wouldnt use it.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Fluid Film
Old 12-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Fluid Film
really?
Old 12-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
peiscooter is on a distinguished road

peiscooter's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars Hot Shine tire spray
Old 12-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
really?
Yup.

Will Fluid Film® adversely affect plastic or rubber?
No, Fluid Film® has no adverse effects on plastics or synthetic rubber. On 100% natural rubber, some swelling can occur.

Also - 0:20

http://youtu.be/ICPiDOyA4T4

I was spraying the underside and the tires still looked rough from my last trip, so I gave them some FF. Looks ok to me, and couldn't be easier.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiers Hot Shot Tire Foam. Just make sure you get the foam one, the other one sucks IMO.

I like it becuase it coats real well yet doesn't leave a ton a build up. It also gives it that new look without the high gloss, not big on my tires being real glossy.

I recommend cleaning your tires first though and letting them dry before applying. Personally I think this a great product and I've been using it for while now.

Oh and make sure you do this in the street because it will leave grease stains on the driveway.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
2006TRDSPORT
2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2006TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Meguiers Hot Shot Tire Foam. Just make sure you get the foam one, the other one sucks IMO.

I like it becuase it coats real well yet doesn't leave a ton a build up. It also gives it that new look without the high gloss, not big on my tires being real glossy.

I recommend cleaning your tires first though and letting them dry before applying. Personally I think this a great product and I've been using it for while now.

Oh and make sure you do this in the street because it will leave grease stains on the driveway.
^^^Agreed...Armor All SUX! The Meguires is the best I've found hands down with the best shine that lasts the longest.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
Tire foam
Old 12-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup.

No, Fluid Film® has no adverse effects on plastics or synthetic rubber. On 100% natural rubber, some swelling can occur.

I was spraying the underside and the tires still looked rough from my last trip, so I gave them some FF. Looks ok to me, and couldn't be easier.
thanks! gotta try that
Old 12-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine from a while back said he used sugar water.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #15
TaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post

Bingo! I use this then even out the coat with a sponge and it looks great afterwards.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup.

Damn... never woulda guess that!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
BuddyS is on a distinguished road
BuddyS's Tacoma Gallery
Adams Super VRT. Its not as glossy as some of the other products.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #19
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
mud.