Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Heated Cloth Seats

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
scottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the rough
Army: 1BCT, 101 ABN DIV
Name: Scott
scottw1's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Heated Cloth Seats

Wanted to see if anyone has used these or similar heated seats. I am pretty handy and don't think it will be a problem with an install, I just don't know if they work well or are good quality. I'm thinking the first link because I think they will be better quality.

http://www.heated-seats.com/products.php

http://www.amazon.com/Crimestopper-H...pr_product_top
Old 12-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Ham N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ham N Egger's Tacoma Gallery
My son-in-law installed a set of these in my daughter's Forerunner and they were a complete hit. They worked as well if not better than the factory installed warmers in the Jeep they had owned.

He saved beaucoup bucks by purchasing on the net and installing himself. He also said it was not too time consuming once he removed the upholstery from the seats.

After seeing his install and hearing about the process I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
They work well! There are a lot of options as to how you can install them. You could have an upholsterer put them under your seat fabric or you could do it yourself. There are also kits that sit on the top of the fabric and under a seat cover.

Just remember that elbows and knees on heated seats can create dead spots. That would suck.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Blackjack224 is on a distinguished road
Name: Louis
Blackjack224's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed this kit in my 2011 Tacoma 2 weeks ago and so far they are perfect. The switches were the exact size as the unused blanks by my cigarette lighter. I have since ordered a kit for my daughter's car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150972776114...84.m1497.l2649
Old 12-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
ailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ailll1's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed these last weekend: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160909079916...84.m1439.l2649

I really like them so far! They heat up really fast and get really hot. Having 4 heating pads per seat helps for heat distribution and made the install easier.

I'd recommend you get a 4 piece kit as you wont be able to fit 1 large pad on the bottom part of the seat without cutting holes in the pad.

This write up helped me a lot as fas as getting the seat apart: http://www.lieblweb.com/heatedseat.html

Hope this helps!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #6
scottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the rough
Army: 1BCT, 101 ABN DIV
Name: Scott
scottw1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like they are a hit. ailll1, thanks for the instructions as well.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
ailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ailll1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw4706 View Post
Just ordered a set for both front seats of Amazon. Waiting for delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005PJ334G/..._26725410_item
Take a picture of how you stick the pads on the seat itself. I'm curious with such big pads.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I used Seatheater.com. Great products and customer service. I damaged one element by kneeling on the seat at one point and they sent me a new element set for free including shipping!
Old 02-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #10
JPC is on a distinguished road

Name: JPC
JPC's Tacoma Gallery
Installing in a 2011 Tacoma

[QUOTE=Blackjack224;7856853]Just installed this kit in my 2011 Tacoma 2 weeks ago and so far they are perfect. The switches were the exact size as the unused blanks by my cigarette lighter. I have since ordered a kit for my daughter's car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150972776114...649[/QUOTE]

Is there no worries or concerns from the manufacture about installing these heaters into cloth seats. I too have a 2011 Tacoma and I'm wondering how hard the install was, most importantly the re assembly of the seat fabric?
The price on Ebay is great and I would love to have these in my Tacoma here in Colorado.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
Toy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Tom
Toy4me's Tacoma Gallery
OP I'd definitely look into some of the other seat heaters posted here in this thread and here also;http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...at-heater.html. The link you gave in your 1st post shows the kit is for only one seat for $100. All of the other links are for pairs, for less money, and seem to be getting good reviews.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #12

JPC's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wondering if you could put these right on top of our fabric seat and install seat covers for an easier installation... They may actually be what you are supposed to do if you plan on running seat covers, what do you guys think?
Old 02-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #13

JPC's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150972776114...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This set looks perfect, anyone have these?
Old 02-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #14
Atomic47 is on a distinguished road

Name: Denis
Atomic47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC View Post

This set looks perfect, anyone have these?
I do! I put them in near the end of September. Perhaps the best mod that I have done on my truck. I love them.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:50 PM   #15

JPC's Tacoma Gallery
did you install them under the original seats upholstery or on top of the original seat material and install seat covers?
Old 02-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #16
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
did you install them under the original seats upholstery or on top of the original seat material and install seat covers?
I installed mine under the factory seat upholstery. I have padded seat covers also.

Granted....it does take longer to 'feel' the heat only because of the thickness of the upholstery & seat covers. But once they get heated up, they're AWESOME. I've had mine for many many years now and I've never had a problem with them.

As mentioned earlier......this is actually my writeup from my own install.
http://www.lieblweb.com/heatedseat.html
Old 02-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #17
efd158 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: John
efd158's Tacoma Gallery

When I checked the above website it said the product is not compatible with the 2015 model. Did something change in the years or will this work even though the site says it won't? Thanks
Old 02-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #18
Paul M is a splendid one to beholdPaul M is a splendid one to beholdPaul M is a splendid one to beholdPaul M is a splendid one to beholdPaul M is a splendid one to beholdPaul M is a splendid one to beholdPaul M is a splendid one to beholdPaul M is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
Paul M's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 03-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #19
Atomic47 is on a distinguished road

Name: Denis
Atomic47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I installed them under the original seat upholstery. It took a little time but it looks OEM on my '08. I had to update the lower dash piece so that I had switch blanks by the lighter as the '05 to'08 had nothing.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #20
akcub is on a distinguished road
akcub's Tacoma Gallery
I installed two heated seat kits into tacomas this week. The first kit I bought is from http://heatedseatkits.com paid $180 It is a good kit and I really like the size of the pads and ability to cut in the middle for the hog rings. Install for the two front seats took two nights. Wiring was simple. I routed in Techflex from the seat to the center console then up to the blank auxiliary switches. This took a little longer to do than drilling straight into the cup holder tray. I really like the kit.

Some recommendations:
1) Kit doesn't contain hog rings- buy some online if you don't have a good local source. I had to drive a ways for mine.
2) buy a set of gearwrench hog ring pliers or other plier with a spring (cost about $20)
3) the passenger seat was more difficult with the fold flat modification. Plastic pieces are easy to break. I'd recommend buying this ahead of time
-fold Flat levers for handle x2
- Clips for fold flat plastic tray x2
- Blanks plus extra (if using the spare switch, the blanks flat on the back are easier to drill the 25/32 hole)
COVER, SPARE SWITCH - 55539-52060-C0
4) buy a 25/32" bit or unibit (what I used / had). I dremel was also handy

I bough the other set on Amazon orman 628-040 Universal Seat Heater Kit $120
The pads are considerably smaller and not carbon fiber. The notch is pre cut (can see in picture) when means I use the large cutout since I cannot cut the metal wire.
The wiring is almost identical to the other set but the pads aren't as quality (which I knew). They put out a surprising amount of heat for their size, comparable to the other set.

I bought another set from Amazon to try Brotech Carbon fiber seat kit. I'll review those when I get them and install in my sisters subaru.

Products Discussed in this Thread