I installed two heated seat kits into tacomas this week. The first kit I bought is from http://heatedseatkits.com
paid $180 It is a good kit and I really like the size of the pads and ability to cut in the middle for the hog rings. Install for the two front seats took two nights. Wiring was simple. I routed in Techflex from the seat to the center console then up to the blank auxiliary switches. This took a little longer to do than drilling straight into the cup holder tray. I really like the kit.
1) Kit doesn't contain hog rings- buy some online if you don't have a good local source. I had to drive a ways for mine.
2) buy a set of gearwrench hog ring pliers or other plier with a spring (cost about $20)
3) the passenger seat was more difficult with the fold flat modification. Plastic pieces are easy to break. I'd recommend buying this ahead of time
-fold Flat levers for handle x2
- Clips for fold flat plastic tray x2
- Blanks plus extra (if using the spare switch, the blanks flat on the back are easier to drill the 25/32 hole)
COVER, SPARE SWITCH - 55539-52060-C0
4) buy a 25/32" bit or unibit (what I used / had). I dremel was also handy
I bough the other set on Amazon
orman 628-040 Universal Seat Heater Kit $120
The pads are considerably smaller and not carbon fiber. The notch is pre cut (can see in picture) when means I use the large cutout since I cannot cut the metal wire.
The wiring is almost identical to the other set but the pads aren't as quality (which I knew). They put out a surprising amount of heat for their size, comparable to the other set.
I bought another set from Amazon to try Brotech Carbon fiber seat kit. I'll review those when I get them and install in my sisters subaru.