1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rigid Industries Grille Insert

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by travisz, Dec 15, 2013.

?

Which setup would you do?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2014.
  1. Grille by itself

16.7%
  2. Grille + 20" LED bar

40.5%
  3. Just a LED bar mounted on the front

32.1%
  4. No extra lighting or grille

10.7%
  1. Sep 15, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    Chas of MRT

Chas of MRT Total Automotive Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    Sorry for the delays! Im here, not on the forums much on the weekend and have been out of the office trying to lock down our new shop location :)

You mean like this?? The 05-11 can use the factory blanks, the 12+ needs the modular-6 switch panel which is just 18 bucks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  2. Sep 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Yes, but I have a 2013 with a front holder that's smaller and good for switches. How do you get labels for those switches? Also, OTRATTW, has some black switches that look better, IMO. I want the switch panel to come pre-wired so I can plug and play, but I'll have to cut the console. I'll put them right above my mirror and Ultra-gauge.

10187ed058bbcfa9f66a4cf37287b6da_38a20abd374ff2d6d29eadfb6831ae67f4017239.jpg

3. Sep 15, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    Chas of MRT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
  4. Sep 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    I'm cool with all of that; I've already watched that video. I'm just curious to see options for the physical switches. Can I get a switch plate with anything other than sPOD's switches?

5. Sep 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    Chas of MRT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    I dont sell the cool OTRATTW switches, but they are a vendor on here. We can piece together a SPOD kit without their switches so you can add your own switches. I also carry a lot of other brands like rugged ridge, arb, painless, etc.

Spod does make labels
    [​IMG]

6. Sep 15, 2014 at 6:43 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Labels work. You're in AK, right? I only ask because of shipping to TX. My daughter lives in Anchorage. UPS wants an arm and a leg.

7. Sep 15, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    Chas of MRT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    No, thats another vendor. People on here get us confused for an interesting reason:gossip: Total Automotive Performance & MRT are based in Las Vegas, NV

I can ship via a variety of methods to make it feasible

8. Sep 15, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Cool. PM me the cost of the sPOD + the switches. I've also been eyeing some srq2 hyper spots. I'm open to options other than Rigid, but that configuration fits my grill and BAMF light bar.

9. Sep 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM
    Chas of MRT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    Shot you a PM :)

10. Sep 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Chas! Where did you go. I PM'd you back.

11. Jun 30, 2015 at 6:30 AM
    Jake479

Jake479 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    None
    Thomasmore66 what did you mount that lol get bar to behind your grill? Wanting to do the same.

12. Jul 4, 2015 at 3:50 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'm using a BAMF bar.

13. Jun 3, 2016 at 11:05 AM
    SixthSnail

SixthSnail I have no idea what I'm doing

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    This might be a good spot to post. @benbacher or @RigidIndustries maybe you guys can help.

I'll be getting this front bumper for my t4r.

[​IMG]

I was wondering if the 2010-2013 grill insert you guys sell would fit in the grill spot left over. It looks to be the right shape.

[​IMG]

14. Jun 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    It'dbe close thats for sure, but an exact fit would be hard to say. :notsure:

15. Jun 3, 2016 at 9:01 PM
    SixthSnail

SixthSnail I have no idea what I'm doing

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    Do you know the dimensions?

16. Jun 3, 2016 at 9:19 PM