Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

good ole fashion shady dealers

Old 09-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
good ole fashion shady dealers

so i got an internet for 2007 4x4 quad cab off-rd for $25960

so i went to th dealer test drove it, then went inside to talk to him about deals.

He offered me $29,800, and I was like in my head *what the heck*
good thing i have the print out of the deal they gave me.

so i showed it to him and he was like kinda of shocked... but i said to him, I'll buy the truck for $25000 with 2.9%

he went back to talk to the boss about as usual!!

he said would i do it for $25500 and i said no... only because they already came in low... that means i can go just a little lower.

so he wouldn't do it and then the sales manager said he would sell it to me for $25960, and i said that's not what i'm looking for and he knew i have good credits and wouldn't give me a good apr....
so I got up and said to him... I dont know what to tell ya... I guess I'll talk to my bank to see what they have to say... he was pissed and I was pissed
and i said oh well...
Old 09-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
they said 25,500 and then they bumped it up go to a different one that sounds real shady to me
Old 09-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
As a rule of thumb... if their lips are moving, they are lying.
so i guess I wont be getting the truck anytime soon...
oh well!

what kind of apr are you guys getting?
I must say I have excellent credits!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota is not offering any special financing rate on the Tacomas. The best they are doing is 1.9 for 60 months but as near as the internet tells me that is only for the 07 tundras. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are not likely to see 2.9. This is a Toyota afterall, not a Ford. As far as APR I am at 5.5% and that was from my credit union. I bought back in March, and that was the best rate going anywhere Toyota motor credit was at 6.45, and my credit score is 790 (just FYI as high as a credit score ever gets is 850)

I'd push for 25,000 and take 25,250 (which is already a hell of a deal) but be a little more realistic about your APR they can't give you what they don't have to give. Toyota motor credit tells them what the apr will be on each vehicle. Just because there is a low APR on one vehicle doesn't mean that it exhists on another vehicle.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
I got 2.9% for 4 years
Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #7
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
25,500 was a GREAT deal! They can't budge of the APR.. they are told what to do.. can't really budge of that number.. Sorry, hate to burst your bubble..
Old 09-25-2007, 04:04 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I have to say - I would have taken it as well. I have very good credit, and I am paying somewhere around 5% from my credit union. Toyota had the original loan at 6.25%.

$25,500 is a hell of a deal.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 AM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, i think 25.5k is a great deal, as far as APR, i doubt you'll get 2.9% I'm not sure what my credit score is but when they checked they said it was very good but just a few points from excellent. Either way i got a loan through my credit union and i'm paying 6.25% or something like that. Although i will tell you you got a good deal on the truck either way. i'd jump on it if i were you
Old 09-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
josefmd is on a distinguished road

josefmd's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=linkfeeney;24496]so i got an internet for 2007 4x4 quad cab off-rd for $25960

I am assuming that that price quote is not OTD= Tax, Title,doc fees!
If that is indeed the OTD price, than yes I agree also, since I have just went thru the whole back and forth pricing thing.

Good luck and don't give up
Old 09-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
Route66Taco will become famous soon enoughRoute66Taco will become famous soon enough

Route66Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
As a rule of thumb... if their lips are moving, they are lying.
EZ there rpoint. There are some honest ones like myself that don't take kindly to stereotypes. No, really man, a good salesman doesn't have to lie. That's my moto. Especially selling Toyotas. Too bad yall keep gettin the shitty ones.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Golden State Division
GMG3 is on a distinguished road

Army:
GMG3's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the 25.5 sounded like a pretty reasonable price. I got mine for 25.7 (not counting the Lojack) and 5.something (9 I think), which was dealer invoice. Maybe a hard-nosed negotiator could have done better, but I didn' negotiate at all. If you're a Costco member, go through the Costco website, you get contacted by a local participating dealer, and get the national Costco deal. That was what I paid, and spared myself all the back and forth with someone who does that for a living. I last bought a new car 17 years ago. I felt it was well worth it. Life's too short and all. If you're not a Costco member, I think the current membership is something like $35. Besides once you have the truck, you can go to Costco for a couple CD's and come home with a truck of of other stuff.