Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED backup lights – direct replacement?

Old 12-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
NiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of light

NiceGuyEddie's Tacoma Gallery
LED backup lights – direct replacement?

Hi guys, I did a search but actually wound up more confused.

Is there a direct replacement LED bulb for the backup lights? I am looking for more light and to improve the back-up camera.

Hoping for a simple bulb replacement with no mods.

In any case, new stuff is always coming out, so what’s the latest?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
NSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant futureNSEARCH has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
NSEARCH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post

Is there a direct replacement LED bulb for the backup lights? I am looking for more light and to improve the back-up camera.

look up Jumpers Leds on this site he sells every light know to man
Old 12-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
sprocketgti3 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE technician, USAFADS, 40th CAMS, Hickam AFB. Nellis AFB, Aviano AFB, Chanute AFB,
Name: Todd
sprocketgti3's Tacoma Gallery
LED B/UP Lights.

Just a FYI. I have LED on my truck. They are brighter but with that if you have the b/up camera option, it tends to bleach out the view at night when other lighting is around(i.e. street lamp etc).

Good luck.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post

Aren't the backup cameras IR sensitive? If so, you should look for an IR LED and add it somewhere seperate from the backup lights.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
RZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Chief - Retired
RZChief90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketgti3 View Post
Just a FYI. I have LED on my truck. They are brighter but with that if you have the b/up camera option, it tends to bleach out the view at night when other lighting is around(i.e. street lamp etc).

Good luck.
I was considering LED's for my backup lights also, but how bad does it effect the camera? Also, which LED's did you use? I was looking at the Recon brand. I saw another post on TW where someone replaced their reverse light bulbs with 30w halogens instead of LED's. I definitely want something brighter. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Navy Veteran
Name: Zach
03is300ztk's Tacoma Gallery
Csjumper sells direct fit 800 lumen led reverse bulbs. Super duper bright back up lights.

Btw infrared is what a tv remote uses you can't see it.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
baurat88 is on a distinguished road
baurat88's Tacoma Gallery
I got replacement 194's off of ebay for the reverse. 300 lumens. Has SMDs all around and a bright projector SMD at the top shining right out of the lens. Great item. 6 bux for the pair.