Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Catalytic Coverter Identification

Old 03-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Andy Gravity is on a distinguished road
Andy Gravity's Tacoma Gallery
Catalytic Coverter Identification

I am planning on installing a Catalytic converter theft deterrent on my 2005 Tacoma. I can't seem to figure out where it is. There seem to be four pipe "swellings" coming on the exhaust system. One of which has a metal shield around it. Is that the catalytic converter??

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
yes it is... theres 4 of them, two are tucked up in the engine bay, and the other two are on the y-pipe, one has the shield on it
Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Thank you!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
bigrog74 is on a distinguished road

Army: NBC SGT 1999-2004
bigrog74's Tacoma Gallery
Funny you say that. My wife said that someone cut off 2 catalytic converters from Toyota vehicles at her place of business in the past 3 weeks.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Should of hung out for the bad guys....they know where your cats are. I'm sure they would of showed you. Ok, now that you have our interest....what pray tell is the device to end this "cat" thievery? Armour plate the entire undercarriage? If you just cover just the cats....they will just keep cutting down the length of the pipes till they get to where they can still do the damage.

Please go on with your mod but share it with us.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
I guess I should have looked under there first. I bought a Catcuff, but now I am worried that I won't be able to lock them up since there are 4 of them.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
the first two are gonna be hard for them to get. the 2nd pair are easy. i just replaced the y-pipe with the pipe bomb so when those crackers go under my truck they see that i have no cats so hopefully they'll move onto the next taco
Old 03-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It should be easy to protect the cats. You can install some sheet steel and connect it to the cross member after the cats, and to the frame to the side of the cats. With some good bending, it will fit good, and allow no access to the cats.