1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Somebody tried to make a left turn into my bumper!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by yogster, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Dec 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    yogster

yogster [OP] merkwürdigliebe

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    13 Black DCLB SR5
    DCLB Black 4WD Illumination dial from 4runner, Flyzeyes LED. Hardwire GPS and Valentine1 with BlendMount mirror mount, TRD shift knob, tube steps, swapped out for signal lamp mirrors. Garmin Eco-Route HD for Bluetooth ODBII Diagnostics, 2014 Entune Plus w Navigation, Leer 100XL dome light wired to dome circuit, pop&lock tailgate and cap locks.
    Someone trying to beat the traffic or whatever. Could not see me as he was behind a truck (and therefore should have WAITED to be sure there was no oncoming traffic). Instead makes a left turn into me! No left turn only lane (must yield to oncoming traffic). Honda Accord 1998 vintage - totaled. My truck about $2000 in damage. I've been in similar situation and never know what someone might pull, not knowing what was coming at me behind the truck, I had slowed and was anticipating what did happen. My airbag did not go off as I had basically already decelerated to zero in anticipation (2-3 seconds) of crash as I saw him come flying out from behind truck and gun it. I was shook up, that's all. Moved truck when officer told me to, got out slipped on ice, nearly cracked my head open. Officer almost did same thing. Not my fault, so my insurance will pay me and go after his insurance. No injuries.

Ah well. A vehicle cannot be new forever. I'm thinking of having repair shop install a black painted grille rather than chrome. Not sure on that. Painted is actually a little cheaper than chrome

Here are some pics. Bumper cover, lower grille, upper grille, aluminum support, all must be replaced. Hood fenders headlights, all aligned good. TPMS sensor will not go out. Air pressure checks good on all 4 wheels.

SAM_4509.jpg
    SAM_4510.jpg
    SAM_4512.jpg
    SAM_4514.jpg
    SAM_4517.jpg
    SAM_4518.jpg
    SAM_4519.jpg

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  2. Dec 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB 4WD
    Sorry you had to go through that. Unfortunately our factory bumpers doesn't do well in low impact accidents. My rear was totaled by being tapped less than 5mph by a F150 with Ranch guard. I replaced it with a steel bumper. I would take the $2k insurance check and go the steel bumper upgrade and have some $$$$ to spare. I steel bumper would've saved you in this case.

Products Discussed in

To Top