1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Double to single cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacofox, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Dec 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    cdthiker

cdthiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    WAY north Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma RC 4X4 5speed
    Love my RC. First and formost less weight = better MPG i have a mid rise topper and 300 lbs of sand in the back and I get 19 around town and 22 on the highway that goes up in the summer with better gas and less 4x4 use.
    there is a LOT of room behind the seat I keep ammo boxes back there with stuff in it as well as a lot of extra clothes tools etc. The topper is Key but before I got that I used a big back storage box chained to the bed.
    sure you cant nap in it but since I have the topper that is not really that much of a problem.

I love that I have no fancy crap to break. A brand new 4x4 truck five speed that gets low to mid twenty's depending on the way its driven for 21 k. Thats a no brain for me.
    I dont have kids it is just me and the lady but I have crammed three people in it more then once while it sucks it is do able. Drove it from north idaho to ohio and back this fall. Not best in terms of 14 hour days but its a mute point. I put 30 k a year on my cars and so far this has been the best one yet.
    good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top