Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What's the point!?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
tacofox is just really nicetacofox is just really nicetacofox is just really nicetacofox is just really nicetacofox is just really nice
Air Force:
Name: Isaac
tacofox's Tacoma Gallery
What's the point!?

So what's the point of buying a trd model Tacoma when you're just going to put in new shocks and tires rims and new leafs. You're pulling out everything anyways right? I guess I'm more or less looking for an answer as to why people love the trd... is it color? You can buy a base model 4x4 for cheaper and have more money for mode. I guess I just want to know what the point of the trd is?
Old 12-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Not everyone mods their truck... I haven't and like the TRD Off Road set up.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Seats, HU's, color matched stuff, and skewp. And ^^^
Old 12-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
There is a lot of other upgrades other then just the suspension and wheels compared to a base model. I love my TRD Sport and am not a big fan at all of the base models but thats just me. But its just like any other vehicle out there....some people dont care about luxury so they buy the basic stuff while others like the upgrades and will spend the extra money on it.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
110 outlet in the bed. Better seats, compass and outside temp gauge on the pre 2014 models.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
In addition to whats been said...

O/R: locking rear differential
Sport: LSD
Old 12-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
110 outlet in the bed. Better seats, compass and outside temp gauge on the pre 2014 models.
Pre 2014 models?
Old 12-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Seats, rear locker, atrac, bed plug, bigger wheels, nicer rims, nicer shocks, leafs, and coils. I got the TRD mostly for the seats, locker, and Atrac.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
TR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
TR90125's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Seats, HU's, color matched stuff, and skewp. And ^^^
^^^
Old 12-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'd also argue the point that the TRD models are more readily available (in my location anyway) and the price difference is negligable.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
Pre 2014 models?
They omitted them on '14 models.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #12
Senior Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
They omitted them on '14 models.
What the hell why?!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #13
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What the hell why?!
I personally think some kind of error, the stickers literally say on there "compass and outside temp" (something along those lines) and they didn't come with one.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
isnt it on the entune?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #15
Senior Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I personally think some kind of error, the stickers literally say on there "compass and outside temp" (something along those lines) and they didn't come with one.
That's asinine. If a KIA Soul can come with an outside temp and compass, WTF doesn't a Tacoma have one?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #16
Vaginas are rad.

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What the hell why?!
Maybe something having to do with moving the camera to the HU, or they are just too cheap to invest in having a different rear view made just before a new model comes out?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #17
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
They are giving out refunds of $100 if your sticker said it. I read it on another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
isnt it on the entune?
My entune has weather.com that shows the temp.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #18
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
The 110 outlet that I had to have, the TRD shock/struts are long gone, color matched stuff is ok but didn't really matter to me.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #19
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
I don't need to mod anything. The truck is great for the limited off road I do, I wanted the nice rims, the tow package, the TRD seats... the stock rubber sucks but will suffice until they need replacement. I tow a boat to some pretty hairy, backwoods and/dirt launches, so the locker was a nice added bonus, but I'm not modding anything. Your color comment doesn't make sense to me either... you can get any color in either TRD or SR5 unless there is something I don't know?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #20
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
I don't need to mod anything. The truck is great for the limited off road I do, I wanted the nice rims, the tow package, the TRD seats... the stock rubber sucks but will suffice until they need replacement. I tow a boat to some pretty hairy, backwoods and/dirt launches, so the locker was a nice added bonus, but I'm not modding anything. Your color comment doesn't make sense to me either... you can get any color in either TRD or SR5 unless there is something I don't know?
the grill/doorhandles/mirrors are color matched to the rest of the truck on the sport models