1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Double Cab Longbed Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2013NauticalTaco, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Dec 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    2013NauticalTaco

2013NauticalTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Taco
    Katskin heated leather seats duo-tone black/blue, flowmaster dual side exit exhaust,Leer full window length camper, dick cepek dc2 wheels,Bridgestone AT 30" tires,2.5" readylift leveling kit
    Ive been to a few dealers around me but i cant get a straight answer from these guys , so hopefully you guys can help me . So this is what i want in my new truck but im not sure i can get it.

2014 Magnetic Grey mettalic Doublecab Longbed Tacoma
    Automatic. I want the jbl entune package with trd offroad . In previous years you could only get trd off road with shortbeds. I dont want a shortbed. They are useless if you want to haul anything(IMO) . I also want the color coded bumpers grill trim and door handles. I would prefer to get the leather heate seats as well but i was told they only come in the Limited ,but then i lose the suspension and the aggressive looking hood. One dealer said they might be able to order me a truck like that but 2 others said that i either get long bed double cab w/o leather and w/o the rear locker or i get a shortbed with locker and no leather or a limited with leather lower riding suspensionand no hood scoop. I have a feeling i may have to mod my truck to make it the way i want it but i thought id ask here first to see if anyone has tried to order a 2014 like this or not. Kinda stupid if you cant being they could just put all those parts on each truck easily. Any help would be great

2. Dec 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Offroad only come in short beds period. Can't order it from Toyota either. You want a locker on a long bed, get the ARB locker. Colored grill, bumpers, etc only come with sport and I believe the limited now as well.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  3. Dec 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    I went through the same thing.
    Offroad not available in double cab long beds, also not that it matters to you, but double cab long bed isnt available with a manual transmission. Decide which feature is most important to you, and which will be the cheapest to mod the way you like it, and go from there.
    I wish they would make a dclb in the offroad.

4. Dec 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I guess it all depends on what you want to use if for. Offroad for the A-trac and rear locker or sport/sr5 for the long bed. Some just get locking front/rear/re-gear with the long bed. At that point, no need for the a-trac.

5. Dec 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    If I could do it over, I would probably have bought a sport longbed, and installed air lockers front and rear. But for what I generally wheel in, the single locker gets it done. The bed sure does suck though.

6. Dec 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I've had both and I hated being limited on space and what I can put in the back with the shortbed and I never really was in any situation where I needed a locker so I went with long bed plus I liked the ARB locker set up better than the e-locker.

7. Dec 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    na8rboy

na8rboy 18 DCLB Sport Cement

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    18 DCLB SPORT CEMENT
    You'll have to order a sport, and add Leather/ locker. The suspension's all sit at the same height. offroad/sport/limited.
    I have an 2012 sport MGM, upgrade extra package dclb, jbl, entune, nav haven't had the need for locker. Leather will run you around $1600.00 installed with heat.

8. Dec 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    2013NauticalTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Taco
    Katskin heated leather seats duo-tone black/blue, flowmaster dual side exit exhaust,Leer full window length camper, dick cepek dc2 wheels,Bridgestone AT 30" tires,2.5" readylift leveling kit
    I was afraid of that i dont wheel but about 3 times a year but when i do its in some really hairy back woods tight spots when hunting . We had an old shortbed K10 chevy that we used for years but the motor finally bit the dust this year . I also live out off the beaten path and need a reliable winter vehicle so thats why i was looking at the the off-road for the rear locker . Whats the ARB locker run for the longbed?? I had a feeling i would end up with the longbed doublecab sport. Just glad you guys cleared it up for me . I have some big plans for the rig once i get it.

9. Dec 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    2013NauticalTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Taco
    I just looked up the locker... Wow looks like 1500$ for just parts ..ill have to think about that i probably dont need it but where i hunt i might need it same thing with the winter time here is horrible ...

10. Dec 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    ShastaBC

ShastaBC New Member

Member:
    Mt. Shasta
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD
    I had the same question and just drove away with a '14 TRD Sport DCLB. I did find a dealership who had a TRD OR DCLB, they are the largest dealer in CA, and said that Toyota makes less than 1% Tacomas this build and they have one, it's Barcelona red though. I've never seen or heard of this option elsewhere.

I'm pretty happy with the sport package, although I was wanting the locking option, I guess I can add it later. In 10 years in my previous 2001 TRD, I used the lock maybe 3 times. YMMV

11. Dec 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

No

12. Dec 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    Island Cruiser

Island Cruiser TVita

Member:
    Kauai
    Vehicle:
    Baja
    ^Agreed. Yeah sounds like a scam. They probably just put some of the OR accessories on an SR5.

13. Dec 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    craigb

craigb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Pa
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Leer Cap Bilstein Shocks under bed lighting all weather mats window rain guards bed mat
    Just go to Toyota's site and build your truck. You will see every option for what truck you want. Then send it to a dealer that you want to go through and see if they can come close to it. This is what I did and a dealer called me and said they just got one in off the truck. I test drove it before they ever prep it. Only had 2 miles on it.

14. Dec 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    No longbeds come in OR. Dealers are full of it. I bet if you go down there they will tell you that they just sold it last night. ARB lockers are pricey but that option is there if you need and use it plus It's nice to have on-board air.

15. Jan 1, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    craigb

craigb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Pa
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Leer Cap Bilstein Shocks under bed lighting all weather mats window rain guards bed mat
    OR, Only comes in a Standard bed and that is short for Off Road , No longbed. Just go to Toyota's build a truck and figure it out.

16. Apr 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM
    garys05tacoma4x4

garys05tacoma4x4 OneLife

Member:
    Agawam, MA
    Vehicle:
    05TRDSportLB4x4
    Synthetic oil/lubes used throughout. NGK Iridium Lazer 100K spark plugs. Rear differential breather extension modification. Toyota front skid plate, roof rack, bed mat, chrome exhaust exhaust. Runs like new!
    I have a 05 Tacoma 4x4 Crew Cab TRD Sport Long Bed. Maybe things have changed since members here don't believe you can get a long bed with the TRD Sport Package. Note:Long Bed option was approximately $910 up charge in 05. I personally wouldn’t buy a Tacoma with a short bed; you might as get the 4runner at that point. So short they’re not very useful IMO. Short bed is obviously better for die hard off roaders as they will have better clearance over some objects with shorter vehicle.
    The rear diff lock is a nice feature but IMO 95% of people that have it have never use it &/or never will. I'm an avid outdoorsman and I have never been stuck anywhere for more than a minute-No rear diff lock. My friends all bought the off road version and never used the diff lock here in the north east.
    I prefer the Sport package over the Off Road because I like the classy look of everything being color keyed and the hood scoop on the Sport Tacoma was really different and sharp back in 05 and still turns heads with lots of compliments today. If I lived in an area where I knew I was going to enter deep mud often I would have installed a rear locker (but never saw the need). The few times I did get stuck I was almost trying to. 4LOW always got me out within a minute or so. I think the key is not to panic, get out and look and use what you have for options before flooring it and burying yourself &/or damaging your vehicle. I like to keep some momentum going in mud or situations that look like I may get stuck.
    Now that I think about it I have never seen a crew cab “LB” TRD Off Road Tacoma. I replied to a Toyota survey back in 05. I stated leather, heated seats and moon roof would be nice options in the future. Toyota got a few of my desires in but still no moon roof as far as I know. I was going to put a MR in but they would have had to remove the overhead console and I just could do that to a brand new truck. I put a MR in a 03 double cab and loved it. Hope this answered a few questions for fellow members.

Stereo Options: I sat in an 2103 extended cab Tacoma w/ JBL subwoofer system in the showroom while my oil was being changed in my 05 Tacoma. I had the stereo turned all the way up until the salesman asked me to turn it down. It sounded like crap compared to my stock stereo form 05. Don't equate a good name brand to a better sounding car audio system.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  17. Apr 17, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    2013NauticalTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Taco
    As of this Post i have not Bought one yet. I am awaiting the 2015 tacoma Model. With Rumors of Redesign and a bigger V6 with Better Gas Mileage I want to make sure i find one i really like and is going to work for my daily drive(140 miles) I am not expecting anything awesome in comparison because lets face it the 14 model is great . Im just hoping for a more luxurious interior/leather-heated seats, off road locker in a long bed, basically the same as the decked out 2014 4Runners interrior in a double cab long bed. Cant wait to see what the 15 looks like. i dont think the exterior needs changed just the interior IMO.

18. Apr 17, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    ssanders2211

ssanders2211 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB 4x4
    behind the rear seat hi-lift mount bracket, easy-out crossbed toolbox brackets, sliders, ATO plate rear bumper, hood/bed lighting, always-on 12v outlets, dashcam, Viper 5806V w/ GPS
    Hah, I was in a rush to get one this year before the 2015s came out for all of those reasons. I'm never trading in though, I want to keep mine until the wheels fall off, then put them back on and drive it some more. With that in mind I'll take tried-and-true over new/untested any day. The new Fords look pretty sweet on paper if you like technology and good mileage but I don't trust them to go for 300k miles and beyond.

One thing for you to think about - I did a lot of research on seat covers and Clazzio and Katskinz (not sure on spelling) were both highly recommended. Most people felt they were just as good as getting reupholstered, with the added benefit of not making any irreversible modifications. I think a full set of clazzios would run you $500ish without installation. I ended up with Wet Okoles and I'm pretty happy with them so far.

If you're waiting, you might as well order one from the factory with your exact specs. With that in mind, I can't recommend the all-vinyl flooring enough. I really wanted it in mine but couldn't wait on a custom order because my old pickup was gone. Carpet in trucks is just dumb.

Good call on the longbed, don't listen to all the shorties saying their manual transmission makes it worth losing the bed space!

19. Apr 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I have a 05 Tacoma 4x4 Crew Cab TRD Sport Long Bed. Maybe things have changed since members here don't believe you can get a long bed with the TRD Sport Package.

We do believe! It's the offroad package that only comes in standard/shortbed.

Now that I think about it I have never seen a crew cab “LB” TRD Off Road Tacoma.

Unless Toyota does that option in the future, you will never see a real Off Road Long Bed.

Stereo Options: I sat in an 2103 extended cab Tacoma w/ JBL subwoofer system in the showroom while my oil was being changed in my 05 Tacoma. I had the stereo turned all the way up until the salesman asked me to turn it down. It sounded like crap compared to my stock stereo form 05. Don't equate a good name brand to a better sounding car audio system.

When I bought my 2009 and 2011, the JBL was pretty much standard on 99% of the TRD's that I've looked at. Sad part is, it was a $695 option but the plain whatever system in our 2010 4Runner Sr5 sounds better.

20. Apr 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I believe August is when the new model year starts to arrive. I'm curious to see the 2015's but I seriously doubt Toyota will changed anything major for 2015's. I think the change will come in late 2015 if you can wait that long. Otherwise, you can probably get a good deal on a 2014 model later this year.

Products Discussed in

To Top