1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power Steering Filter

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jmich2001, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Dec 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    jmich2001

jmich2001 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Toms River, NJ
    Vehicle:
    12 Access Cab TRD OR
    Yellow Fog Lamps, Ham Radio
  2. Dec 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    If it has a hose clamp on it it's low pressure. Flow is towards the tank/pump.

3. Dec 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    You do realize the reservior has a built-in filter, right? If for some reason you wish to still add an inline filter, put it in the small hose into the reservior, with the direction of flow being toward the reservoir.

4. Dec 31, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    jmich2001

jmich2001 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Toms River, NJ
    Vehicle:
    12 Access Cab TRD OR
    Yellow Fog Lamps, Ham Radio
  5. Dec 31, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    If you want to keep it simple and effective, use a Magnafine PS filter. I installed mine in the return line, it sits vertical. I picked up two oem spring type hose clamps. Drained the system, cut the hose and removed a section equal to the filters length. Installed and clamped the filter while on the bench, then installed the entire assembly.

FWIW I flushed the system with Mobil 1 ATF prior to installing the filter setup, once installed I completed the service with fluid until full.

The fluid cost more than the filter.

PK

Products Discussed in

To Top