1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 2013's saggy rear... driveline vibs and my findings from the dealer

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nd4spdbh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Feb 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    I just hauled about 1500# in the back on my very old Taco, never hit a bump stop once...I have added one of these (under the front half of the leafs).....

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ring-autocraft_10053624-p?searchTerm=addaleaf

and one of these over the rear half of the leafs......

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...053619-p?searchTerm=overleaf+help+spring+2.5"

I can crank down on the adjustable u-bolt on the rear half leaf to compensate for heavier loads, back it off for no loads...I switched out the nuts to ones that have the nylock inserts so they don't move with vibrations...

The front one takes care of the axle wrap, the rear one really keeps the springs from sagging big time...this is not to say they don't sag with 1500#, but they certainly help mucho much for sure...

Also, Advance has these insane 20% and 30% off coupons all the time, find them online, order, save $$$, pick up at your local store...I think I did mine for about $60 total....I also added some other stuff to stop the leaf sizzering, but that is another story....

It may not be Dakars or Old Man Emu shiza, but is works on the cheap....just tryin' to help....

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. Feb 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
    AWF ROWD

AWF ROWD ...eats at the " Y " often....

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    40.102° N, 82.804° W
    Vehicle:
    '13 BLOWN 4X4 Sport
    TRD Supercharger, Walbro 255 FP Upgrade, aFe Stage 2 si CAI, TRD Acrylic cover by Coupe ADD 1 OIL Catch can/SS hoses, TRD cat back exhaust, URD 2.8" Stealth pulley, 3" lift, Toytec/Bilstein C/O's, Toytec Progressive AAL's, LR UCA's, 5100 Rear Billies, Bi-Xenon HID BHLM Retro's w/ Halos RED LINE Tuning Hood Rods Swaybar Relocate, Line X'd Bull Guard/Step, Hitch, Craven Speed Dual Gauge mount, AEM Boost/AFR Gauges, Windows 20% tint, Weather Tech deflectors, GrillCraft upper and lower, Tacoma Raptor letters, LED Interior/Exterior lighting, Lund 6" Color Matched Oval Side Bars, Webasto 700 II sunroof, Heated Two toned custom leather TRD logo'd, Kenwood Multimedia 6990 HD head unit ,JL Stealthbox sub, Hertz Component speakers,, Entire cab damped with hushmat, Viper Security/Remote start, Weather Tech Liners, Blackened exterior LED Lights, Undercover Top w/LED's, Carbon fiber TRD windshield decal,, TRD stitched leather shift knob, TRD steering wheel emblem,
    The size of that load in my rear would make my butthurt................

3. Feb 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

No movement side to side , up and down was pretty sturdy too , not on the bump stops and just engaging the upper overload

4. Feb 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

I was guessing around 800lbs for the timbers when I loaded them , but yesterday VE7OSR calulated the weight of the cedar by volume at 1300lbs if they were at 12% MC :eek:

So approx 1300-1500lbs in timbers plus 200lbs for the cap

5. Feb 5, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    MarkH

MarkH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    I put these in my 2013 AC and it was a huge improvement. We decided to leave the overload leaf in, and I got around 2" of lift on the rear when the truck is empty. I have a rack and shell on the truck and normally have tools in the back. The ride is much better, and even when near GVW I do not bottom out the rear in normal driving.

6. Feb 5, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    yeah its looking like down the road the wheelers hd pack and some billies all around with the fronts up one notch will be the ideal setup for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top