Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Newb here !

Old 01-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
RicTRD is on a distinguished road
RicTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Newb here !

Hi Guys !

My name's Ricky and I'm new to this forum and in Tacomas ! Just wanted to say hello and ask some questions and advices i've look in here but cannot find an exact answer. So I have a 2013 double cab TRD sport, RWD, which I really love !

The question, is it ok to add to it some off road mods or is it just a waste of money? Bigger wider tires? lift? or any other mod I don't know about that can help me? I'm not intending to do mud or super hill climbs, but some sand or agricultural areas plus I just love the look on it and if it doesn't affect the vehicle mechanical parts such as tranny or suspension. Don't know if you get what I'm asking here. :roll eyes:

THANKS !
Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
It's really up to you if you want to mod your truck. Also what your warranty would allow. I've heard some warranties are nulled if the suspension is changed. If that matters to you then check with the dealership before you do any suspension changes. But other cosmetic mods should be ok
Old 01-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #3
RicTRD is on a distinguished road
RicTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Is it true that in the RWD if you change rims and tires can damage the diff or other tranny components ?
Old 01-02-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicTRD View Post
Is it true that in the RWD if you change rims and tires can damage the diff or other tranny components ?
Welcome! You won't hurt anything unless you change to a really big tire, which if you're not planning on lifting your truck you won't be able to do anyway. Lots of guys on here running up to 33" tires with no problems. If you go bigger, I have read that you'd need to re-gear the rear differential though.