1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newb here !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RicTRD, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jan 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    RicTRD

RicTRD [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi Guys !

My name's Ricky and I'm new to this forum and in Tacomas ! Just wanted to say hello and ask some questions and advices i've look in here but cannot find an exact answer. So I have a 2013 double cab TRD sport, RWD, which I really love !

The question, is it ok to add to it some off road mods or is it just a waste of money? Bigger wider tires? lift? or any other mod I don't know about that can help me? I'm not intending to do mud or super hill climbs, but some sand or agricultural areas plus I just love the look on it and if it doesn't affect the vehicle mechanical parts such as tranny or suspension. Don't know if you get what I'm asking here. :roll eyes:

THANKS !

2. Jan 1, 2014 at 9:32 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    It's really up to you if you want to mod your truck. Also what your warranty would allow. I've heard some warranties are nulled if the suspension is changed. If that matters to you then check with the dealership before you do any suspension changes. But other cosmetic mods should be ok :confused:

3. Jan 2, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    RicTRD

RicTRD [OP] New Member

Member:
    Is it true that in the RWD if you change rims and tires can damage the diff or other tranny components ?

4. Jan 2, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    Welcome! You won't hurt anything unless you change to a really big tire, which if you're not planning on lifting your truck you won't be able to do anyway. Lots of guys on here running up to 33" tires with no problems. If you go bigger, I have read that you'd need to re-gear the rear differential though.

Products Discussed in

To Top