1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help - Info on US spec TRD offroad

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mr Wiggles, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Mr Wiggles [OP] Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication

Member:
    Ok guys,

So i've found another truck here in Alberta that's been imported from the States. The first one i was looking at has a deal pending on it.

I'm wondering what options the TRD Offroad package came with on US trucks.

The truck in question is a 2008, Auto, Doublecab, Shortbox.

There is a power outlet in the bed (hence it must be TRD, right?) but no hood scoop or color keyed mirrors (things that came on the TRD sport, correct?)

The truck is at a 'used car dealer' so there's not a lot of information i can get from them as to specifics. I'm just wondering if someone can shed some light on specifics. The truck is 3.5 hours away, so i can't exactly swing by and check it out.

I'm mostly concerned with a. does what i described fit with the TRD off-road package, B. was there just a TRD package not specifically sport or off road, and C. if it is a TRD offroad, what else did they come with in the US?

thanks in advance.

2. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Member:
    Here's the description

Options : Anti-Lock Brakes, Dual Air Bag, Fog Lights, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, Tinted Glass, Short Box, Crew Cab, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Traction Control, Block Heater, Cloth Interior

Description : Prev U.S. Vehicle, 16" chrom rims, in bed power supply, tow package.

Warranty Description : Balance of factory warranty, after market warranties available.

3. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    It sounds like a TRD off road but the traction control is throwing me off. The TRD off road has a locker.....I believe the TRD sport has traction control

Is it a 4x4?

4. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Member:
    It is a 4x4, the traction control threw me off too, but i'm thinking if it's a TRD offroad, maybe they just called the locker traction control for the sake of the ad

5. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Then I'm bettin it's an Off Road.....since it doesn't have color keyed mirrors or hood scoop or 17" rims it's not a Sport.

6. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:45 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    TRD Off-Road Package #1 - $3,045
    Heavy duty alternate suspension; Front and rear alloy wheels with 16 inch rim diam; Bilstein shock absorbers; Front and rear all terrain tires with all-terrain tread, 265 mm tire width, 70% tire profile and outline white letters; Rear differential lock; Sports driver seat with lumbar adjustment, sports passenger seat; Logo/graphics exterior decoration; Compass; External temperature digital display; Mains power supply; Underbody protection for transfer case and for engine; Includes: [SL] SR5 Package #2; Excludes: [LD] Limited Slip Differential And [VD] VSC w/Auto Limited Slip Differential And [PY] TRD Sport Package #1 And [SS] Baja 16" Alloy Wheels (PIO) And [L7] TRD 22" 5-Spoke Polished Forged Alloy Wheels with Toyo Proxes Tires and TRD Wheel Lock Set (PIO) And [AL] 16" Aluminum Wheels

TRD Sport Package #1 - $3,220
    Sport alternate suspension; Bilstein shock absorbers; Front and rear alloy wheels with 17 inch rim diam; Front and rear tires with 265 mm tire width and 65% tire profile; Sports driver seat with lumbar adjustment, sports passenger seat; Body color grille; Body color rear bumpers; Driver and passenger body color door mirrors; Body color exterior door handles; Logo/graphics exterior decoration; Compass; External temperature digital display; Mains power supply; Hood scoop; Includes: [SL] SR5 Package #2 And [LD] Limited Slip Differential; Excludes: [VD] VSC w/Auto Limited Slip Differential And [OC] TRD Off-Road Package #1 And [SS] Baja 16" Alloy Wheels (PIO) And [L7] TRD 22" 5-Spoke Polished Forged Alloy Wheels with Toyo Proxes Tires and TRD Wheel Lock Set (PIO) And [AL] 16" Aluminum Wheels

7. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:46 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Member:
    The pictures they posted are horrible and can't be linked, but i uploaded a screenshot to my photobucket

NewPicturejpg_fde504b1d001c29012186a4699c5fcae019660e9.jpg

8. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Member:
    Well if it is in fact a TRD OR which by the sounds of it, it is, this could be my truck! Just waiting on final confirmation from my company once my company truck goes back next week.

Fingers crossed, boys, fingers crossed!

9. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:50 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Yup looks like my TRD Off Road

[​IMG]

10. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Member:
    Big K, you are the man! thanks for the speedy responses and info

11. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Not a prob! Glad I could help :D

12. Mar 19, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Can you get the VIN? If so, you'll be able to find out a lot more. You should get it anyway to run it through Carfax or whatever similar service you have up there.

Products Discussed in

To Top