1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access cab car seat help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 02Duck, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Jan 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    02Duck

02Duck [OP] manuals make it better

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4WD TRD Off Road 6MT
    TRD Exhaust, Mobtown bolt on sliders and aluminum tailgate reinforcement, Reverse lights changed to yellow turn signals, LED pods added for reverse, ADD W1 oil catch can, Total Chaos bed reinforcement, rear diff breather to taillight mod, 12" combo led bars behind lower grill wired to high beams, Toyota led bed light kit, 400 watt anytime mod, SSO slimeline front bumper.
    I've been reading old threads and searching online, but haven't been able to find an answer.
    Does anyone know of an infant car seat that will fit in the rear of an access cab, and still let someone sit in the front?
    Getting a double cab is not an option.
    Thank you for the help.

2. Jan 5, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Did this setup with my friend and his son. Not a lotta leg room for the front passenger but it'll work.

3. Jan 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    Failure2Comply

Failure2Comply Old HVACR Tech

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Off Road TRD/SR5
    I bought one from "Babies R Us" for my granddaughter that works well behind passenger seat. It is a Graco I think, but cannot remember the model. My wife is vertically challenged at five feet tall so she can fit. :D

4. Jan 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    dilligaff82

dilligaff82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    It will fit, but barely. And the front seat will have to be all the way forwards and as straight forward as it will go. This is why I got rid of my access cab for a double cab. Wife wouldn't ride for more than 10 minutes in it with her knees on the dash like that (and she's a petite 5'3", 120lbs)

5. Jan 6, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    02Duck

02Duck [OP] manuals make it better

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4WD TRD Off Road 6MT
    TRD Exhaust, Mobtown bolt on sliders and aluminum tailgate reinforcement, Reverse lights changed to yellow turn signals, LED pods added for reverse, ADD W1 oil catch can, Total Chaos bed reinforcement, rear diff breather to taillight mod, 12" combo led bars behind lower grill wired to high beams, Toyota led bed light kit, 400 watt anytime mod, SSO slimeline front bumper.
    Thanks for the responses.
    I think we found one that will work.
    Going with a Chicco Keyfit 30, if anybody else is looking.
    I can fit it behind the passenger seat and still use the front, although it will be snug. Which works as the truck is not the everyday family car.

Didn't want a double cab as I need a 6' foot bed and I use the e locker + ATRAC (makes launching/pulling boat on the beach much easier).

Products Discussed in

To Top