Notices

Any 6" lift w/ stock rims!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Banned
Chasin Tail Toyo is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Chasin Tail Toyo's Tacoma Gallery
Any 6" lift w/ stock rims!!!

Any 6" lift w/ stock rims place some pics!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Any 6" lift w/ stock rims!!!-image.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 02:58 AM   #4
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Maintenance Chief P-3 Navy
Name: Kekoa
Airframes Chief's Tacoma Gallery
I think you all misunderstood him. He's talking about using stock rims with bigger tires. Lookat his pics. I saw a few Tacos with stock rims and they look just fine. In fact, us guys in Hawaii should start doing that so we don't Catch too much crap from the recon station! Aloha!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Well why wouldn't you use the stock rims and get bigger tires?

All those stupid big wheels looks stupid on trucks anyway. Those are for gangster blinging rides not trucks.

Plus the tires are cheaper for the 16" wheels. When you get up to those lame 20" wheels the tires go up a stupid amount of money.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
For one you can't run a 6" DB lift with stock 16s without some hella spacers. I think the stock 17s with 33s/35s looks sick IMO.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Banned
Chasin Tail Toyo is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Chasin Tail Toyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
I hope not cause that would look ghey.
I'd say stock wheels look better than them big wheels, like the 90s all over again with them Mexican style rims!!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #9
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerial Porter
Tacoma13SR5's Tacoma Gallery

I kept the stock wheels because I like the way they look and didn't want to dish out money for 18" rims.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
stcktnkid is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
stcktnkid's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma13SR5 View Post

I kept the stock wheels because I like the way they look and didn't want to dish out money for 18" rims.

Ever think about painting your stock rims black or grey? I think it would look really nice on your truck..just my .02
Old 01-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Maintenance Chief P-3 Navy
Name: Kekoa
Airframes Chief's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcktnkid View Post
Ever think about painting your stock rims black or grey? I think it would look really nice on your truck..just my .02
I completely agree. I heard of it being done and at first I thought it wouldn't look good until I saw it first hand, They're bad ass. The one that I saw had been powder coated (he said it cost $300 to strip down and coat) and it looked like aftermarket rims.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #12
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcktnkid View Post

Because everyone else has already done it around here, I'm just going to keep the rims the way they are. I have thought about getting them black or grey, but decided against it.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #15
Rsamani is on a distinguished road
Navy: SCPO USN (ret)
Rsamani's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I think that is the look i am going for. What size tires and lift are you running.?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsamani View Post
I think that is the look i am going for. What size tires and lift are you running.?
6" Zone suspension lift with 33" Maxxis Bighorn 285/75/16
Old 01-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #17
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
6" Zone suspension lift with 33" Maxxis Bighorn 285/75/16
i havnt heard a whole lot about zone suspension. how would you rate the quality of the entire kit compared to the other big name 6" lifts?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
i havnt heard a whole lot about zone suspension. how would you rate the quality of the entire kit compared to the other big name 6" lifts?
Personally, I love it. My buddy was running a 3 or 4" zone lift on his jeep and he beat the hell out of that thing and the lift handled great. My lift I still have to do some more serious off roading compared to what I have done, but I love it. When we unboxed it, everything was of great quality and with no defects. With what I have done so far, especially when I recently got "stuck" in the ditch back home in New York, the lift and tires got me out of it with out a problem.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #19
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Personally, I love it. My buddy was running a 3 or 4" zone lift on his jeep and he beat the hell out of that thing and the lift handled great. My lift I still have to do some more serious off roading compared to what I have done, but I love it. When we unboxed it, everything was of great quality and with no defects. With what I have done so far, especially when I recently got "stuck" in the ditch back home in New York, the lift and tires got me out of it with out a problem.
good to know, ill keep them in mind when i decide on a lift size and brand.
thanks