1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Tacoma Upgraded Audio System Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ZacDoov, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Jan 6, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    ZacDoov

ZacDoov [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Access Cab
    I'm looking into getting a 2010 Tacoma. The description shows a picture of what looks to be a subwoofer, but there is no info on it on the dealers site. I asked a guy on the phone and he didn't know (rookie salesman?) I attached a picture.

Can you confirm if this is the subwoofer and does anyone have experience in it's sound quality?

Cheers,
    Z

2010-Toyota-Tacoma-Truck-Image-i02-800.jpg

2. Jan 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    TacomaZeus

TacomaZeus Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fort Hood
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner
    bone stock...For now
    yes it is the subwoofer and amp, its refered to as the flux capacitor on here. I haven't heard to much on the quality on it though

3. Jan 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    jmg256

jmg256 Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    Factory jbl system subwoofer...not the best in the world...aftermarket is better.

Rookie salesman, or senior salesman...most don't know what they're selling beyond the fact that it's a Tacoma or a Camry...

4. Jan 6, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    burgy

burgy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 6spd
    King ext. travel on all 4 corners, Downsouth UCA's, TSB and Icon AAl, URD short shifter, level 8 tracker s
    I've got a 2010 with it and it's not the best but I like it and it's enough for me. Usually have the base set at 0.

5. Jan 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
    ZacDoov

ZacDoov [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Access Cab
    Thanks for the response everyone. @Burgy does this system have bluetooth as well then? Or is it just the upgraded speaker system? I'm used to my stock tacoma system and I am happy with that to be honest, so I'm sure this would be an upgrade regardless.

6. Jan 7, 2014 at 2:11 AM
    burgy

burgy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 6spd
    King ext. travel on all 4 corners, Downsouth UCA's, TSB and Icon AAl, URD short shifter, level 8 tracker s
    oh wow misspelled bass. No, no bluetooth just the aux chord. Give it a test.

7. Jan 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM
    aaronbuell

aaronbuell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    windsor NY
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD/OR Access Cab V6 debadged
    Fog-light anytime mod, ,black grill,URD short throw,TRD decals removed ,debadged,black rear bumper, homemade tire carrier,TreadWright tires,Evo mod,removed rear headrests and seats,ABS kill switch mod,black center caps,Clarion CX501 head unit,Relentless hood brackets with floodlights.
    i have a 09 with the sub sounds better with a aftermarket head unit.

8. Jan 7, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    vtown

vtown Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    09 Access TRD OR 4x4 V6 6spd
    I have/had the flux capactor in my 09. IMHO it sounds like sh!t. Very loose sloppy bass, not clean or tight. I actually took it out 6 months into ownership to make more room in the access cab since I didn't like the sound anyway.
    The stock stereo system is pretty bad in general. One of these days I'm gonna replace the whole setup. Even without the factory sub there is too much low quality bass even with it set all the way down. Depending on what kind of music you like anyway. Rock seems to be livable, however if you like hip hop or modern raggae it's crap.

If you are considering adding a sub, do yourself a favor and go aftermarket.

Products Discussed in

To Top