Notices

2014 Cold Air Intake

Old 01-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
mossTRD is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Adam
mossTRD's Tacoma Gallery
2014 Cold Air Intake

Does anyone know if a 2012 or 2013 intake will fit on a 2014 4L? I cant find anything online.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
AZ hunter is on a distinguished road
Name: Kade
AZ hunter's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldn't have any issues installing a '12 or '13 on a '14.

I just installed a URD a couple week ago on my '14 and I'm thrilled with it. It works on '05 plus.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
mossTRD is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Adam
mossTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you very much. Is it a fairly simple install?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
-Solve et Coagula-
Silence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Silence9's Tacoma Gallery
Are you wanting a short ram intake or a true cold air intake? Here's a couple things: A short ram intake, even with the shroud, still sucks in warm engine bay, causing you to lose power air compared to the stock airbox. A true cold air intake will give you the most power increase, at a cost. Since the pipe bends and dips around everything and ends up somewhere near your wheel well, you have a chance of sucking in water into your engine if you go through a puddle, or even just a bad rainy day. I would just pop in an aftermarket hi-flow filter and be done with it. I hear good things about the AFE dry ones.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
-Solve et Coagula-
Silence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Silence9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossTRD View Post
Yes they are one of the more simple upgrades to install.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #6
AZ hunter is on a distinguished road
Name: Kade
AZ hunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossTRD View Post
It was slightly intimidating because you have to cut a hole in the radiator support for the pipe to pass through. It's really no big deal though. Other than that it is a very simple install and URD has excellent customer support. It is a true cold air intake so the filter sits in front of the radiator. URD offers water shields and pre-filters if you are worried about water like mentioned above.