Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Will this fit Factory Roof Rack?

Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Will this fit Factory Roof Rack?

Anyone know if this will fit the factory roof racks for a 2nd generation Tacoma? In the description, its says the factory racks but for the bed.
http://trdparts4u.com/PD-BR-MULE.aspx?MakeID=1
Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
WW,I think they are referring to the "factory cargo bars".I have a set and they mount to the "D" rings in the bed so they move in the track.They are square like Thule but come with adapters to use Yakima attachments.....It does however state that it will fit factory roof racks so I would assume it would fit yours.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
WW,I think they are referring to the "factory cargo bars".I have a set and they mount to the "D" rings in the bed so they move in the track.They are square like Thule but come with adapters to use Yakima attachments.....It does however state that it will fit factory roof racks so I would assume it would fit yours.
Yeah you are most likely right! Thanks brotha!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
it does fit the factory roof rack. i emailed baja rack and they sent me some photos but did not like the way it looked, to narrow for the truck, measure the length and email them to see if the bigger one fits, that is what they told me to do just got lazy.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah you are most likely right! Thanks brotha!

Anytime my man .....Oh and bajamoon,would you still have those pics,I'd like to see it on a truck.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
it does fit the factory roof rack. i emailed baja rack and they sent me some photos but did not like the way it looked, to narrow for the truck, measure the length and email them to see if the bigger one fits, that is what they told me to do just got lazy.
Oh I didn't know they had different sizes.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Anytime my man .....Oh and bajamoon,would you still have those pics,I'd like to see it on a truck.
no, i tossed the email out about a week ago, sorry. here is the site. i like the mega mule but never got around to measure the roof on the truck.
http://www.bajarack.com/products.html
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #8

Firefighter:
[quote=bajamoon;479070]no, i tossed the email out about a week ago, sorry. here is the site. i like the mega mule but never got around to measure the roof on the truck.
http://www.bajarack.com/products.html[/quote]

No sweat,thanks for the link.They look cool and the price is right,but a concern of mine would be mounting my Yakima bike racks to it....Seems to me that the Yak."Warrior" series comes with an adjustable bar for mounting accessories.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
dep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
dep3091's Tacoma Gallery
Hi I'm a newbie strictly to respond to this question...I mounted a Bajarack Mule on bed rails in my truck. Still had room to mount Thule bike racks on either side...Works great and less wind resistance. If I need to haul tall stuff I can take the Mule off. Hope this helps.