Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

engine accelrates when coming to a stop

Old 03-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
amastalerz is on a distinguished road
amastalerz's Tacoma Gallery
engine accelrates when coming to a stop

I have a 2006 Tocoma and twice when i come to a stop the engine accelerates lurching my truck forward with the back wheels peeling out. I checked http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ for recalls and could not find any, however there are many submitted. I am going to call the dealership and see what they have to say. let me know if anyone else has experiance this or has a remdy for it.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does the same thing. My 07 did it too but not nearly as bad as my 09. Especially if I am merging or pulling into a parking lot. It almost seems like it is shifting into too low of a gear or something. I am planning on taking mine in as well. If you dont mind, post up what your dealer tells you or send me a PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amastalerz View Post
I have a 2006 Tocoma and twice when i come to a stop the engine accelerates lurching my truck forward with the back wheels peeling out. I checked http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ for recalls and could not find any, however there are many submitted. I am going to call the dealership and see what they have to say. let me know if anyone else has experiance this or has a remdy for it.

Thanks
Not good. Take it in to the dealer.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Not good. Take it in to the dealer.
X2....I think we all have the "bump" to a certain degree,but peeling out?That's not safe.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just not buying the "peeling out" part. But of course the first thing you should do is go to the dealer. No question about that.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
wasn't there also something about the tranny fluid being too high?
have your dealer check. Mine doesn't do it so much, but I did notice it more when I first got the truck, used to it now.