1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yes, another lift question!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 06midnight, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Jan 11, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    06midnight

06midnight [OP] WORK HARD - PLAY HARD

Member:
    Montgomeryville, PA
    Vehicle:
    '06 Taco PreRunner TRD
    3" Spacer/Block Lift, Billet Grill with Painted Surround, Clear Headlights, LED Tails, Double Din Nav Radio, LED Interior Lights
    Hey guys,

I have been reading "Lift" posts for a while and search many different forums and have seen different opinions about what to use and what not too and everyone's preferences. The more I read, the more somewhat confused I get. I think what makes it confusing is that everyone has their own preference to what they like, what they've used before or are currently using and also what they had the money to afford! That's great and all but I'm looking for the basics. So here's what I have and what I'm looking to do. I have a 2006 Dual Cab Short Bed TRD Taco and all I want is to lift it no more than 2+ inches for clearance and appearance. I never take it off roading except for the occasional camping trip with the family.

Question: Will it work to run 5100s set at 2.5 in the front keeping the stock coils and 5100's with 1.75 AALs in the rear to accomplish around a 2+inch lift with adding nothing else - and close to a stock ride? Or do I "need" 885 coils and spacers in the front or anything else for the additional lift? Not talking tires at this point just lift.

Note: I'll also be doing this work myself to save on cost with basic tools. Thanks guys.

2. Jan 11, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    RedlineTRD

RedlineTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Peyton, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB MT
    Working on it.
    Yes that will all work fine. You dont need coils. You have a prerunner so you dont have to worry about CV angle. Get the billies, crank em up and have fun.

3. Jan 11, 2014 at 7:04 PM
    06midnight

Member:
    Montgomeryville, PA
    Vehicle:
    '06 Taco PreRunner TRD
    3" Spacer/Block Lift, Billet Grill with Painted Surround, Clear Headlights, LED Tails, Double Din Nav Radio, LED Interior Lights
    Awesome, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! Thanks Kyle.

4. Jan 11, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    I wouldn't expect a stock ride, it's going to be stiffer.

5. Jan 11, 2014 at 7:11 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Yup, what everyone above me said. You can lift it that way, but it won't be close to a stock ride.

6. Jan 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    06midnight

Member:
    Montgomeryville, PA
    Vehicle:
    '06 Taco PreRunner TRD
    Ok, stiffer is not a bad thing though. I think it handles a little too much like a car stock anyway.

7. Jan 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM
    looking4vr

looking4vr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OffRoad 6MT
    Bone Stock, for now
    I'm going to tag along on this post as I'm in basically the exact same spot...same wants, same use etc. I also feel like the info I'm finding is confusing. To the above, what is necessary in the above list of parts to keep as close to stock ride as possible?

Products Discussed in

To Top