1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lug nuts??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacomaruss, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Jan 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM
    Tacomaruss

Tacomaruss [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Leduc
    Vehicle:
    Alpine White 2013 TRD Trail Teams
    Hello all, so the other day someone was kind enough to show me that my tires are not slash proof. Luckily the douche bag only stabbed one tire so I was able to use the spare and get home. The thing is, im pretty sure that the wheel nuts that I used (the same ones for the alloy wheels) are not the correct nut for the steel wheel on the spare. The thing I noticed was that the nuts are not the cone style that would fit in the space around the stud and the hole in the wheel for the stud. They actually sit over top of the hole like a nut and washer combo, and not very well either.

Should I be contacting Toyota for a set of wheel nuts, or are the ones I used fine? My truck is a 13 TRD Trail Teams (Canadian model) DCLB.

Thanks...

2. Jan 11, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    toyjunky

toyjunky Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sport 4x4 6spd Man.
    AFE Closed Box with Dry-S Filter
    The Lugs for the alloy wheels are fine the holes on the spare are closer to the size of the wheel stud size as compared to the holes on the aluminum wheel. So the alloy lug doesn't need to go into the rim as it does on the aluminum wheel. Besides the spare is supposedly only for temporary use so you shouldn't be driving with it that way for too long. Even if you did, if the lugs are torqued properly it is a full sized spare you could drive on it just as long and as safely as your aluminum rims.

Products Discussed in

To Top