1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Never use FixAuto for a bodyshop

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ajw1986, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jan 14, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    ajw1986

ajw1986 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pitt Meadows, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    06 Money Pit
    They are a worldwide chain of body shops, i was referred to them as "one of the best" from my insurance company (ICBC)

They had my truck for almost 4 weeks to replace the body of the passenger side, re-finish the rims on the same side, and a leaf spring. They never called me once during the entire repair to get full details on the accident because ICBC didn't tell them everything. Friday they tell me to come get my truck and it's ready to go, so i take it just as the shop is closing... i figured it would feel weird going from a small 4 cylinder courtesy car back into the taco, but it wasn't just me. I knew something was wrong with it as i hit the highway and got up to 100, it started pulling to the left big time and the steering wheel was shaking like mad back and forth.

I got to my sisters place in the same city asap to park it because i didn't wanna make whatever was wrong even worse. Their mechanic didn't believe me so we went for a test drive and he was like "yeah, definetly something wrong" They basically released my broken truck to me and gave me the go ahead that it was all fixed. I took it back yesterday and lost it on the estimator, they put it on the hoist and sure enough, my front axle was toast. How the hell do you miss something so major on an accident repair? I've reported them to the better business bureau, i just wanted to give you all a warning, maybe i just had bad luck and a shitty location with shitty estimators and mechanics but i'm sure none of you would stand for this.

Now i'm stuck in a piece of shit mazda 3 for another week in hopes of getting my truck back in the same working order it was in before my accident

2. Jan 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    Ampo

Ampo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 4x4
    How was the paint and body work? Colour match good and what colour is your truck?
    Just asking because mine is in a different shop for a new bumper shroud. Apparently it comes in just plain black plastic so they have to paint it. My 2012 is silver and I'm wondering how the paint will match up.
    Anyway, sorry to hear about your problems. Hopefully they get it right this time and you're happy with the results!

3. Jan 14, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    ajw1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pitt Meadows, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    06 Money Pit
    The paint and body work was top notch, just frustrating when they can't tell a good axle from a bad one, or even take it for a proper test drive before it was released to me. 5 Weeks without my truck in the end, that's unheard of for the amount of damage that was done to it, ended up being $9,000. The entire side of my truck got re-painted cause it's all new body, your case of a seperate piece should be ok, your truck is fairly new and paint should look exact

My truck is SSM

4. Jan 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    drunktaco

drunktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sage
    Southwest Va
    Icon ext travel C/O's, Total Chaos UCA's, King R/R shocks, All-Pro leaf pack, lights, RCI skid, Brute Force sliders, ect.
    Shit happens from time to time, it's human error. It sucks when it happens like that though, and +1 to Beavis!

Btw I had a 08 Mazda 3 and it wasn't that bad of a car :anonymous:

5. Jan 17, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    ajw1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pitt Meadows, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    06 Money Pit
    I just got another wonderful update today...

So after i got the new courtesy car monday they assured me they would call to let me know when my truck would be all ready to go.. well of course i had to call them yet again and they assured me on friday it would be ready (today)

I left work early to go get my truck and just to make sure i phone when i'm 30 mins away only for the production manager to tell me "we replaced your axle, wheel bearings and ball joints, but there's another big problem" I'm just thinking what the fuck, first of all i had to phone them i find this out.. he continues to tell me that my front differential is bent and needs replacing, holy shit this body shop is a joke. First give me my truck back with a broken axle saying it was fine, now at least they caught it this time but it should have had a better inspection before repairs even started. It was a sideswipe and now damages have increased to $14,000 .. only good that came of this was that they didn't pin-point all of the problems at the start or my truck might have been written off and i would get screwed. So they are gonna get the insurance estimater to look at it monday and tell me what's going on, somehow they won't re-finish my 2 rims on the driver side that skipped up the curb and caused this damage but they will replace my front differential...

I needed to vent, thanks for whoever read my rant

Products Discussed in

To Top