1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for an e locker

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by schecter517, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jan 14, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    schecter517

schecter517 [OP] MX4LYFE

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Pro Wheels Falken WildPeak AT3W 265/70-17 Black Spyder Projector HL w/LED Bar Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights Spec-D Black Tail Lights Truxedo Deuce 2 Tonneau Cover Tinted Windows Bed Mat Debadged Blue LED Interior Lights LED Switchback Turn Signals Led Reverse Lights and License Plate Lights DDM Ultra HID 55W 55K Kit
    so my taco is a non trd prerunner and Ive never really had the need for 4x4 or the e locker. my old taco didn't have the trd package either, but now that Im getting more into off roading I realize that having those options is definitely a plus. I don't want to buy a new truck so obviously adding a locker is the only thing to do here, since Im not gonna get that crazy and covert my truck to 4x4. so I was wondering which route to go. should I get a factory e locker? aftermarket? I've heard about the arb locker but dont know too much about it. I would love to have the factory e locker but Im gonna assume that's pretty expensive. so any help on the matter would help a lot. thanks guys.

2. Jan 15, 2014 at 4:58 AM
    savedone

savedone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerald
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD off-road 6speed manual
    3 inch lift by dealer at purchase
    Installing a factory E-locker is expensive and a lot of work. Having a arb locker installed can also be expensive and a lot of work. Either way unless you do the work yourself it is going to cost 2 to 3 thousand dollars or more.
    I would suggest that you sell your 2wd and take the money and buy a used 4wd with a locker if that is what you want or just a 4wd without a locker. You could add the price of the conversion you are talking about and get one already set up from the factory and pay cash and not have all the problems that can come with this kind of add on.

Products Discussed in

To Top