Notices

Any 2014 Driveline Vibe Fixes/TSB yet?

Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Any 2014 Driveline Vibe Fixes/TSB yet?

I bought my TRD OR back in October and now have 3kmi on it. The whole time I've had a pretty rough vibe in the middle of 2 gear under acceleration and a few other vibes here and there.

I called the dealership a couple weeks ago looking to get another leaf added (mind came with 3 leaf) to solve the horrible handling and squatting when I have my 400lb 4 wheeler in the bed. They said they had no open TSB's for 2014's yet.

Has anyone had any success fixing either of these problems yet?
Old 01-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
I bought my TRD OR back in October and now have 3kmi on it. The whole time I've had a pretty rough vibe in the middle of 2 gear under acceleration and a few other vibes here and there.

I called the dealership a couple weeks ago looking to get another leaf added (mind came with 3 leaf) to solve the horrible handling and squatting when I have my 400lb 4 wheeler in the bed. They said they had no open TSB's for 2014's yet.

Has anyone had any success fixing either of these problems yet?
A tsb is in the works. Should be available in a couple of months for vibes.

Your best bet is custom leaf packs. Lots of info through here.
Warning.
Playing with aftermarket leafs and trying to get vib tsb work done will be an issue.
One of the parts are new leaf packs.
So you will need to decide to wait to see how this tsb goes or run the risk of not having anything done for your vib situation if you start modifying at this time.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck. I had the now-repealed TSB done for driveline vibes on my 2012 and it didn't do anything. Putting my OME lift on actually got rid of the vibes though.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #4

I'd replace the leafs myself, but I want to lift it with the Fox 2.5 kit from Camburg when I've got the loot. Right now I'm just looking to solve the vibration and squatting for now.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #5

Picked up my truck today.

I got 4 leaf packs, a steering damper, and an engine mount replaced under warranty.

Problem solved.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #6
1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Mark
1of7627's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I got 4 leaf packs, a steering damper, and an engine mount replaced under warranty.

Problem solved.
Did the 4 leaf packs cure the "squatting" problem with your ATV in the bed?
Old 03-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #7

I won't know until I load it up next time. But I'd put my money on it did some the ride is a little rougher.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
TacoLarry is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Helicopter Pilot
Name: Larry
TacoLarry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Problem solved.
What did it take to convince them you had an issue? I've added some Hellwig 550EZ helper springs, but that is really a bandaid.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
nd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nd4spdbh's Tacoma Gallery
show up with shit in your bed and complain...

squeaky wheel gets the grease in this situation... my truck is FINALLY in the shop after 3 months of back and forth with the dealer on the driveline vibration tsb and rear sagging.... i bought my 2013 nov 2nd 2013.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #10

That's what I did, I called once and they said they couldn't help me, then I complained again at my first oil change and they actually looked at it.

Bottom line. It's a brand new truck. It shouldn't need a TSB to get fixed. The vibe isn't normal and they should do anything within thier power to fix it under warranty.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
nd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nd4spdbh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I did, I called once and they said they couldn't help me, then I complained again at my first oil change and they actually looked at it.

Bottom line. It's a brand new truck. It shouldn't need a TSB to get fixed. The vibe isn't normal and they should do anything within thier power to fix it under warranty.

there is a TSB to fix it... but for what ever reason they thought the 2014's didnt have the "problem" when they clearly do. Take the tsb printed out from here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-tsb-out.html

the latest PDF's are in the 35+ page range. tell them it exhibits this exact problem and you want it fixed, tell them to talk to their district tech and they will get shit done for you.

Be a dick about it, but make sure you have the facts (printed tsb) and knowledge to back it up.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #12

I'm right with you. Get them the info so you can avoid being hassled.

However, TSB or not, there is a problem and it's under warranty so they have to fix it. If it was just one case of it happening they'd look at it and fix it, so it shouldn't be any different for multiple cases.

I think my problem was due to it being a TRD Off Road and only having 3 leafs. My old 2012 SR5 and my buddy's 2013 Baja both have 4 leaf packs and they didn't have any issues.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #13
rusbob is on a distinguished road
rusbob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm right with you. Get them the info so you can avoid being hassled.

However, TSB or not, there is a problem and it's under warranty so they have to fix it. If it was just one case of it happening they'd look at it and fix it, so it shouldn't be any different for multiple cases.

I think my problem was due to it being a TRD Off Road and only having 3 leafs. My old 2012 SR5 and my buddy's 2013 Baja both have 4 leaf packs and they didn't have any issues.
My 2012 SR5 with 4 leaf had the vibe. The new TSB fixed it.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #14

Well shit.

Now I'll never know.