1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgrading OEM 2011 JBL Radio

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toniodiaz, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jan 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    toniodiaz

toniodiaz [OP] Crazy and lovely member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 TRD Sport Silver Double Cab and now 2013 SR5 TRD Sport Red Double Cab
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Catback, aFe Cold air intake system, HELLA Rallye 4000 Celis lamps, Spyder Smoke CCFL Halo projector Headlights, JBA Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Centric Cross Drilled Front Brake Rotors, URD smaller diameter S/C pulley, Roof Rack, Recon Tail light bar, 3" OME Leaf pack at the rear with 5100 Bilsteins and Regulable 2.75" Toytec Red Springs with 5100 Bilsteins in the front, Total Chaos UCA, Front TRD Skid Plate, Black Tube Step Bar, Black Emblems and TRD Sport Stripes decal, I JUST FINISHED MY MOD TO THE PARKING, DTR AND TURNING LIGHTS, When you hit the turning switch, DTR ad Parking lights turn of on the side the Turn signals are flashing, so they don't disturb their intensity. Everything installed with my own little hands and help of my dear friend and of course, your mods.
    Does anybody know if it's possible to upgrade my 2011 JBL Radio with a 2013 JBL touch screen.

I love the JBL radio's sound and bluetooth hands free phone feature. But I would like to have the touch screen with back up camera, as well as the USB connector for my iPhone, and of course the bluetooth music streaming, if available.

I think that the wiring, connectors and pinout is not too hard to solve. But I need to know if it will fit in my dash with just a few modifications.

I don't mind about loosing my XM radio, or not having navigation.

I hope someone has tried this before, and can give me a hand with part numbers and procedures so I can go ahead and buy it somewhere.

Thanks a lot

2. Jan 16, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    1stTruck

1stTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Billies 5100's front set to 1.75 plus 1/4 taco lean spacer. Rears Billies plus AAL for a 2" leaf. 265/75/16 BGF's. Double din Kenwood stereo w/bluetooth and steering wheel controls and JBL speakers front & rear. Heavy duty battery. Billet grill blacked out. K&N air filter and MBRP cat-back. Just tuned it up new plugs and new front brake pads. Steel powered coated tailgate cap. Billet Grill painted black & factory roof racks. Oh new head lights thanks to toyota.
    Check out this web site. http://www.crutchfield.com They sell radio's/stereo's that are made to fit your car or truck. Plus you can ask a tech questions and get professional answers on what fits, how to install etc. I plan on buying a stereo for my truck from them soon. G/L :D

3. Jan 16, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    toniodiaz

toniodiaz [OP] Crazy and lovely member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 TRD Sport Silver Double Cab and now 2013 SR5 TRD Sport Red Double Cab
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Catback, aFe Cold air intake system, HELLA Rallye 4000 Celis lamps, Spyder Smoke CCFL Halo projector Headlights, JBA Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Centric Cross Drilled Front Brake Rotors, URD smaller diameter S/C pulley, Roof Rack, Recon Tail light bar, 3" OME Leaf pack at the rear with 5100 Bilsteins and Regulable 2.75" Toytec Red Springs with 5100 Bilsteins in the front, Total Chaos UCA, Front TRD Skid Plate, Black Tube Step Bar, Black Emblems and TRD Sport Stripes decal, I JUST FINISHED MY MOD TO THE PARKING, DTR AND TURNING LIGHTS, When you hit the turning switch, DTR ad Parking lights turn of on the side the Turn signals are flashing, so they don't disturb their intensity. Everything installed with my own little hands and help of my dear friend and of course, your mods.
    Thank you, but I don't think that they carry OEM hardware. I would like to have the newer OEM radio in my truck, not an aftermarket. I'm sure they're great, or even sound better, but I love the OEM look and I think that JBL sound is more than enough for me

4. Feb 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    fireheadman

fireheadman The Abyss

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Blk 2015 Taco TRD Offroad
    access original tonneau cover, gentex genk51a review mirror, full leather katskin seats (Tucson), weather tech mats.
    bump on this.... I have an interest in this also..... mostly because the factory look deters the average thief and it still sounds great with JBL.

5. Feb 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    You can do it pretty easily but you would have to buy a GPS antenna and an xm antenna.

Products Discussed in

To Top