Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Deck Rail/Bed Rail system?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
looking4vr is a jewel in the roughlooking4vr is a jewel in the roughlooking4vr is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brad
looking4vr's Tacoma Gallery
Deck Rail/Bed Rail system?

After an exhausting search of both this forum and google I'm coming up empty handed.
I just purchased a gently used Taco and have just discovered that the previous owner took them off for whatever reason.
I didn't even know the truck was supposed to have them until I was researching mount options for my mountain bike and realized all these great mounts were for the OEM rail system my truck was missing
Now, my real dilemma comes from the lack of options to replace them...again, I searched, what felt like to the end of the interwebs, and I found nothing for a replacement.
What I did find was an abundance of Tundra bed rails/deck rail systems.
So, my question is twofold:
1. Does anyone know of a source to replace the factory Tacoma Deck Rail system?
2. If this isn't possible, has anyone tried repurposing the Tundra rails for our Tacomas? It would seem you could cut them down and reinsert the end caps, re-drill them appropriately and they might work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Pics for clicks
Old 01-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
I would have figured any toyota dealer could get them for you. TRDparts4u or camelback toyota may be good resources. Or a wrecked Taco at the local pick n pull. Otherwise you could always get L track or utilitrac to put on (both stronger than OEM)
Old 01-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
looking4vr is a jewel in the roughlooking4vr is a jewel in the roughlooking4vr is a jewel in the rough

The searching of this forum turned up that the dealer can't get them ( bizarre ) and both of those web sites don't carry them. Lots of accessories for them but only the tundra kits. I don't have any kind of decent junk yards around here so that's not much help either. I may have to just make my own. Surprised its crickets in here...I can't be the only one having dealt with this?
Old 01-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4vr View Post
The searching of this forum turned up that the dealer can't get them ( bizarre ) and both of those web sites don't carry them. Lots of accessories for them but only the tundra kits. I don't have any kind of decent junk yards around here so that's not much help either. I may have to just make my own. Surprised its crickets in here...I can't be the only one having dealt with this?
See my post here
Jorge's response here
My response here
Jorge's final response here

Thread found here

Jorge from Camelback Toyota
Jorge Rios
877.840.8881 - Toll Free
http://parts.camelbacktoyota.com

I hope this helps!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Wait for someone on here parting one out, I have brand new in package cleats for sale if interested
Old 01-19-2014, 03:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
See my post here
Jorge's response here
My response here

Thread found here

Jorge Rios
877.840.8881 - Toll Free

I hope this helps!
That was fantastic. That also explains why I was coming up short in the search...I may have to do a write up when I sort this out with the appropriate thread title. Makes all the difference if your answer is in a thread with a different subject! Appreciate it. I'll be giving Jorge a call
Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
See my post here
Jorge's response here
My response here

Thread found here

Jorge Rios
877.840.8881 - Toll Free

I hope this helps!
rep to you
Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #8
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4vr View Post
That was fantastic. That also explains why I was coming up short in the search...I may have to do a write up when I sort this out with the appropriate thread title. Makes all the difference if your answer is in a thread with a different subject! Appreciate it. I'll be giving Jorge a call
I've been doing research on a bed rail system for my 1st gen. I'm glad I could help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
rep to you
Thanks Del!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #9
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ries-sale.html

$100 shipped.