1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going to buy a truck today

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by findlayjeff, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Jan 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    good job walking... find a truck on here for sale and fly out to purchase... at least you know the history of the truck and don't have to deal with a dirty salesman.

2. Jan 19, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    findlayjeff

findlayjeff [OP] If a little is good a lot is better...never works

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    san luis obispo
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota tacoma Trd sport 4x4 DCSB
    None at this time and that's just what I wanted a stock used truck to start with
    Yeah I knew and expected that hoping I could get a deal there.

3. Jan 19, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    reece13

reece13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD sport, 6spd, 4wd
    Toytec Coilovers, Total Chaos uca's, Wheelers aal+Bilstein 5160's. 285/70/17's, Method Double Standards. Magnaflow exhaust, GrilleCraft grille, Allpro bumper,diff breather relocate, yellow wire mod, oil catch can, weathertechs.
    Gotta love stupid salesman. There was a 2013 dcsb offroad at my local dealer last year that i stopped and looked at. It was brand new and had a spacer lift in front, no lift in the back, nfabs and some ugly 18's with a cheap ass all terrain. The salesman knew nothing about the truck when i asked him. he said it had a
    "complete suspension lift" and wouldn't budge on the price. They were asking $8,000 for all that ugly crap the dealer added on. Unbelievable. Keep looking. Check some other local cities or maybe even private party sale.

4. Jan 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    findlayjeff

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    san luis obispo
    Vehicle:
    None at this time and that's just what I wanted a stock used truck to start with
    Yeah I don't want to buy from dealership cause there over priced there are none for sale on craigslist in my area for the past two months that are what I'm looking for

5. Jan 19, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    Lindsey Walrod

Lindsey Walrod Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lindsey
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '13 black beauty
    Keep us posted on when you do buy one. Excited for you, and sorry it didn't work out today!

6. Jan 20, 2014 at 4:12 AM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB 4WD
    Good choice to walk away. Sounds like getting the @sshole saleman was a blessing in disguise. Both overpriced. I always prefer private sale but for used car dealerships, always better to stick with the large ones(Toyota). I would really consider the one from the TW member in FL. At least most here will be honest to one another and knows the history and builds. Buy a cheap plane ticket to check it out and ship it back. Can't be more than $1500 for that but well worth it if that truck is as clean as advertised. And no, I don't know that member or working for his commission.:anonymous:......yet.

7. Jan 21, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    findlayjeff

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    san luis obispo
    Vehicle:
    So I called the dealership to complain about the situation with the sales man. I soon got a call from the gm who wanted to here the story. He apologized repeatedly and he is fixing some things I called out on the truck because he said he was unaware of the problems new tires front end alignment and the plastic molding missing on the driver side on top of the cab. He said that he wants me to talk to his best sales man and give them a chance to fix this. The price of the truck has dropped almost $1000 since I looked at it Sunday. So the question is what should I pay or want them to do seeing the ball is in my court.
    http://www.santamariachryslerdodgej...Maria-CA-611ca7fd0a0a00640db09614a14a0de4.htm this truck was listed at $24,991 witch I know was way over priced. But what's it worth now

8. Jan 21, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    bvlpxm

bvlpxm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    pat
    Upstate South Carolina near Spartanburg but have l
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRDsport 4x4
    AVS vent shields & bug deflector - Floor Mats - AVS sill protectors- Gentex K51a auto dim,temp, compass, homelink - OEM Bedmat - Pulled TRD Sport decals-frame undercoat - DU hitch cover- Gloss black high temp paint Brake Drums, Calipers, Muffler back exhaust - OEM Bedmat - CK Neosupreme Seat covers
    I found these things hold crazy resale value( great thing) thus ended up going new at a no haggle price dealer. Out the door with a brand new 2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD sport auto, tow, etune pluse for 30,977. the LB wouldn't fit in my garage & was only 100 bucks more. a big difference in cash vs what you are looking at but 5 model yrs & Zero miles

9. Jan 21, 2014 at 7:11 PM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM

Have them fix everything you mentioned, add tsb springs if it doesn't have them and say $21k out the door and maybe settle at $22k otd.

10. Jan 21, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    findlayjeff

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    san luis obispo
    Vehicle:
    There fixing all those things regardless if I buy or not just because it needs it. This is not a Toyota dealership it's a dodge dealership. Is it out of the question to take it to Toyota and have them check the truck over

11. Jan 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    findlayjeff

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    san luis obispo
    Vehicle:
    So I went back to dealership tonight and was treated very nicely minus not getting a good price after 3 hours of test driving and haggling there best price out the door was $25,000 and I was at $24,000. They would not budge on the price they said they would loose money if they came down to $24,000. So I left and I hoping they will call and take my offer. $24,000 out the door would give me the truck for just about $22,000

12. Jan 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    Have you tried looking at a new one. With a brand new one you be first owner, almost 0 mileage, better warranty. Probally better deal as well. Just ask for invoice price.

13. Jan 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    Didnt read the entire tread where bvlpxm already metioned a new one

14. Jan 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    TacoBrah

TacoBrah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Icon stage 1, 255/85/16 KM2
    OP I got my 2010 access cab TRD offroad brand new in oxnard for 30k out the door. May as well spend a little more and get one with 0 miles.

Products Discussed in

To Top