Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Locking Gas Door install

Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #21
G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) sufferer
dionysis has a spectacular aura aboutdionysis has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
dionysis's Tacoma Gallery
You should plastidip the end of the spring. It will keep you from having to use electrical tape. Or I do believe they make coated springs.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #22
Pitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant future

Name: Trick
Pitchfork311's Tacoma Gallery
can the lite gas push button with the gas tank icon be supplied with kit?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:20 AM   #23
eAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
eAreEyeSee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysis View Post
You should plastidip the end of the spring. It will keep you from having to use electrical tape. Or I do believe they make coated springs.
That's a great ideas. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchfork311 View Post
can the lite gas push button with the gas tank icon be supplied with kit?
The switch is not provided but you should be able to find it on eBay for around $12-18ish. It's from older 2k VW's.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:28 AM   #24
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery

If that fuse powers the 12V cig outlets - and the 12V cig outlets are only on when IGN is on, how come its a constant 12V (I went out and tested with my meter and sure enough it is constant 12V)...
Old 03-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #25
MrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud of
Name: Justin
MrShoehorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post

If that fuse powers the 12V cig outlets - and the 12V cig outlets are only on when IGN is on, how come its a constant 12V (I went out and tested with my meter and sure enough it is constant 12V)...
I could be wrong but if it's tied to the ignition then I believe the ignition switch would control the power. Much like a light switch it always has power but prevents power from reaching the light unless it's on.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #26
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
So the fuse is before the relay?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #27
eAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
eAreEyeSee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm not sure if that's a question or not. It sounds like you figured it out. I don't even know what that fuse is for. I just probed until I found a hot fuse without the key and stuck the fuse tap in it. I wanted constant so if I got out to fill up and forgot to pop the door i could just reach in and do it without putting the key back in the ignition.

Quote:
So the fuse is before the relay?
Yes. Fuse tap to your button. Then button to the relay/actuator.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #29
SolarDude is on a distinguished road
Name: Dude
SolarDude's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 04-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #30
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Put some heat shrink tubing on the last coil of that spring. Paint would wear off.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #31
kc123 is on a distinguished road
kc123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Here's mine to add to the OP's write up.

http://youtu.be/MHSgDQxvonE
Where did you find the fuel button ? I've looked for one of those. Can't seem to find one like that.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #32
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc123 View Post
Where did you find the fuel button ? I've looked for one of those. Can't seem to find one like that.
Have you checked eBay? If nothing there, you can always check out a auto junkyard, and there's also different Toyota parts websites .
Old 04-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #33
kc123 is on a distinguished road
kc123's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yes..checked ebay.....looked and looked until I'm crossed-eyed...I'll look around more...maybe go to a junkyard...I can find buttons like that just not with the the fuel emblem on them.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #34
crooks420 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
crooks420's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't it from a toyota highlander?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #35
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooks420 View Post
Isn't it from a toyota highlander?
yes.