1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coverking Neo Supreme custom seat covers?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bvlpxm, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Mar 6, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    bvlpxm

bvlpxm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    pat
    Upstate South Carolina near Spartanburg but have l
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRDsport 4x4
    AVS vent shields & bug deflector - Floor Mats - AVS sill protectors- Gentex K51a auto dim,temp, compass, homelink - OEM Bedmat - Pulled TRD Sport decals-frame undercoat - DU hitch cover- Gloss black high temp paint Brake Drums, Calipers, Muffler back exhaust - OEM Bedmat - CK Neosupreme Seat covers
    Let me 1st appologize for no pics - will get to them soon I hope

Finally got my coverking Neosupreme covers 33 days after placeing the order thru Wal-Mart. Overall they look great and at the price I am happy. let me list a few of the installation comments that I have & the pros & cons of the seat covers from my perspective

Installation - The installation manual is pretty generic & not specific for the Tacoma but the install just requires some common sense & maybe looking at it harder than on did at first. Overall install is not bad & with a second set of hands ( my wife) all was done in about an hour.

Both - Remove all headrests

Rears - started with the rears. there are separate seatbacks & seatbottoms for both sides ( 7 pc total 2 seatbacks, 2 bottoms + 3 headrests). The backs were pretty straightforward. Slide them over the seats buckle up the tensioning straps & secure any hooks, velcro as seems best for your taste.
    (helpful hint) - these are a tight fit. you can do it yourself but it helps to have 1 person on each side of the seat you are working on to slide (work) it down over & into position.
    (helpful hint) For the center seatbelt in the rear, simply unbolt it from the floor (15 mm) & thread it thru the cover & bolt back in place when done.
    (helpful hint) - wearing a pair of nitrile gloves helps a lot when "massaging" the cover over the cusions and into place. Gives a lot better grip than bare hands on this fabric & helps keep everything clean.

Fronts - Fronts a bit more challenging than the rears. The fronts are 1 piece per seat plus a separate headrest. Before starting the fronts the flap that tucks under the seat & secured there by a plastic hook & some elastic must be unhooked ( Until I figured out how this was a real pain for me)
    (helpful hint)- the flap at the back of each front seat is secured under the seat with a piece of elastic that is attached to the flap in 2 places and routed permanently through the plactic retaining hook/bracket. This hook clips over a wire bracket under each seat with the opening of the hook/clip facing the rear of the vehicle. To remove it is a tight fit with almost no visiblity to the work area. From the rear slide your hand along the elastic and locate the plastic bracket. the hook/clip is open towrds the top& rear. Once located push the hook clip towards the front of the vehicle & it will release from the wire bracket retainer that it up against the seat bottom. For me this was the hardest part but after I figured it out it was actually pretty simple ( seat 1, 20+ min, seat 2, about a minute or less) The seatback reclined a bit makes this easier to release but a bit tighter to access.

Now the install. Unbuckle all the buckles.Slide the seatback into place making sure the airbag flap gets positioned properly and the knockouts for the readrest poles are lined up. Take the loose seat cover & thread the bottom between the plastic trim and the seat cushion from front to back on each side of the seat. CK sews in a retainer along the bottom seam that is difficult to force between the trim & seat once installed but goes in nice this way and provides a very clean finished look.

At the area where the seatback & bottom cushion meet slide the flap between the two and pull firmly & evenly from the back. Thread the tensioning belts back to front & clip together under the seats. In the front be sure to thread at the top side of the seat adjust release bar. Massage & tighten the cover as appropriate & tighten it up( flap still open) the side hooks took some work. I used a "fish wire" to get them fron the sides of the covers on both sides to get in position under the seat. I found a couple holes in the top slide rail of the seat track to hook them in that did not interfear ith seat positioning and moved appropriately with the seat. Thighten everthing up & tuck in all the edges around the seatback release, lumbar adj. ect. Move the seatback back & forth as needed

Recline the seat a bit fold down the factory back flap and reinstall the retining clip on the wire bracket ( hook opening facing back & up it should clip over the wire pretty easy once in position). once the factory flap is back pull & tighten the seatcover flap & position it in place with the attached velcro strip. tuck everything in retighten tuck around the headrest inserts, put the headrest covers on & ALL DONE!

Pros & Cons
    Pros -
    - Very nice fit right out of the box. form fillting, generally nice trim out. very close to a factory look.I suspect they may need "snugged up" & retenioned at some time but unsure.
    - Super comfortable
    - washable with woolight if needed.
    - according to coverking they can be embroidered (I think I will get my front headrests TRD logo'd at a local shop)
    - Very good value - full fronts & rears at about $200 total
    Cons
    - Install instructions could have been better
    - could be subject to snagging - but I think most "stretchy" may be. I have not seen any Okle's but these are not as heavy duty as my higher end wetsuit. Their website states that they will send u a swatch of fabric if u request ( pro)
    - just "knockouts" around the headrest openings. Would have liked to see a buttonhole finish. It's ok as it generally tucks underneath the plastic
    - My biggie that I missed when ordering was there are no seatback map pockets on the walmart offering. Jury is still out for me on how important that may be. I may just slit the rear to access the pocket & see if I can have my wife or a local seamstriss finish the edge ??

That's my take on these for my 2014 DCSB Sport - overall on a 1-10 I'd give 'em a solid "8". Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. Mar 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM
    WThomas1250

WThomas1250 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks!! Cant wait to get mine

3. Mar 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    Baoser

Baoser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Pittsburg, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Offroad
  4. Mar 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    WThomas1250

Member:
  5. Mar 6, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    bvlpxm

Member:
    First Name:
    pat
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRDsport 4x4
    AVS vent shields & bug deflector - Floor Mats - AVS sill protectors- Gentex K51a auto dim,temp, compass, homelink - OEM Bedmat - Pulled TRD Sport decals-frame undercoat - DU hitch cover- Gloss black high temp paint Brake Drums, Calipers, Muffler back exhaust - OEM Bedmat - CK Neosupreme Seat covers
  6. Mar 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    WThomas1250

Member:
    Got my Coverking's in today! Only installed one so far.

ju6yzuzu_a0e4c0a5934cd22cc104451e9d9056cfe1811e9b.jpg

The ones for my first gen came in 2 pieces per seat (plus the headreast). It definitely helped to have the seat out of the truck for installation. So far they're a tight fit and look pretty awesome!

7. Mar 28, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    bvlpxm

Member:
    First Name:
    pat
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRDsport 4x4
    They look great! so far all I have had to do with mine is tighern up the bottom. 30 sec job just reah under & pull the tightening straps. I kinda anticipated that they would loosen/stretch a bit with my 240 # butt sliding across them.

8. Mar 28, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    WThomas1250

Member:
    Did they send you 2 sets of headrest covers as well?

9. Mar 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM
    braik

braik Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4.0L 4x4 BASE
    2" Ironman 4x4 (B) Front Spacer Level LR UCAs Level 8: Tracker Wheels 255/75 Cooper ATPs Welded Rock Sliders Weathertech floormats Wet Okole seat covers JVC Head Unit Diff Breather Mod Zip Tie Mod Needle Bearing Mod HID Retrofit (Acura TL-R)
    What color/pattern did they come in? I'm looking for charcoal or grey to go with my interior.

10. Mar 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    WThomas1250

Member:
    I cant remember all the colors but they have grey i'm sure

11. Mar 31, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    dustywill

dustywill New Member

Member:
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    06 Quadcab Prerunner SR5
    Camper shell
    I just called the number on the walmart site ( 877-407-2348). They told me they don't have a pattern for the 2006 Tacoma. I was a bit taken back. I thought I had seen Coverkings on my seats in other pictures, but apparently not. I hate that, I was sold that this was the way to go. Can anyone tell me different?

Products Discussed in

To Top