Notices

HID fog light help!!

Old 01-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Trev
Trev407 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trev
Trev407's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation HID fog light help!!

Hey everyone. I purchased an HID kit from SDX. First off, the instructions seem to be written by someone with no literary or electrical sense. But, through what little info I could decipher from the generic instructions, I thought it seemed like a simple install. One side of the ballast is input and one is output. Most of the connectors are made so that you cannot screw things up (so I thought). So I plugged everything in to see if they would turn on and nothing happens. So I check the fuse. It's a 15 amp and it's blown. The instructions do say you need a 20 amp fuse. So, I replace the fuse. I check my connections. Once again I turn them on and nothing happens. So I check voltage at my fuse and I have battery voltage of roughly 14v. Pull out the fuse. It's good. I pick up the drivers side ballast and it's warm... Check the other one, it's room temperature. Does this sound like a ballast failure? Even if one had failed the other should work since the fog lights are wired in parallel...Is it likely that both ballasts would fail? Or could I just have them wired incorrectly all together? Need some help! Thanks