1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID fog light help!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Trev407, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Jan 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    Trev407

Trev407 [OP] Trev

Member:
    First Name:
    Trev
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DCLB TRD PreRunner
    Volant Ram Air intake, Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors, custom LED bed lights, Fogs anytime mod, Kenwood double din, 21" Light bar and BAMF behind the grill mount, Black Billet grill
    Hey everyone. I purchased an HID kit from SDX. First off, the instructions seem to be written by someone with no literary or electrical sense. But, through what little info I could decipher from the generic instructions, I thought it seemed like a simple install. One side of the ballast is input and one is output. Most of the connectors are made so that you cannot screw things up (so I thought). So I plugged everything in to see if they would turn on and nothing happens. So I check the fuse. It's a 15 amp and it's blown. The instructions do say you need a 20 amp fuse. So, I replace the fuse. I check my connections. Once again I turn them on and nothing happens. So I check voltage at my fuse and I have battery voltage of roughly 14v. Pull out the fuse. It's good. I pick up the drivers side ballast and it's warm... Check the other one, it's room temperature. Does this sound like a ballast failure? Even if one had failed the other should work since the fog lights are wired in parallel...Is it likely that both ballasts would fail? Or could I just have them wired incorrectly all together? Need some help! Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top