Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MOLLE Panel for behind the rear seats - is there interest?

Old 01-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
MOLLE Panel for behind the rear seats - is there interest?

Awhile ago I ripped out the stupid plastic bins behind the seat of my 2007 DC. I was thinking it would be cool to have a MOLLE based panel to attach pouches, gear,gun scabbards, etc to it. I designed this panel and am thinking about having it made up. I was curious if anybody else liked the idea. At the moment it is 3/16" 5052 aluminum.

By trade I am a mechanical engineer and have been designing and manufacturing things since the mid 80's.

Attached Thumbnails
MOLLE Panel for behind the rear seats - is there interest?-molle-panel.jpg  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
Luis1 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Luis1's Tacoma Gallery
I would defiantly be interested in something like this.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested to see what you come up with , there is more room back there with the bins removed but the space is still shallow , I look forward to your storage plans
Old 01-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
You should make a straddle for the center console like springtail does for FJ's
Old 01-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
Law Enforcement:
Luis1's Tacoma Gallery
My opinion; if you are going to make a MOLLE Panel for pouches and what not for strictly PALS webbing or malice clips, I would keep the design the same as the PALS webbing on chest rigs, plate carriers, battle belts etc, no smaller holes or bigger ones. IMHO that just takes up space for people that want to keep it very organized and want to attach a lot of pouches to these panels.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #6
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
You should make a straddle for the center console like springtail does for FJ's
I was thinking about that actually. It would be small enough I could machine it in my shop. I have my own cnc mill
Old 03-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
Banned
Silverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverpig is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Silverpig's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #8
Daveo is on a distinguished road
Daveo's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely interested!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #10
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested if You could do a small one for between the seats in an access cab
Old 03-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Yes.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
MattinMA will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MattinMA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested

Make it so

Matt
Old 03-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #14
Rob720 is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
Rob720's Tacoma Gallery
interested for sure, hell I already have something similar for a storage platform and back pannel, however I have been considering removing the back seats and plastic bins for more storage room and front seat adjustability. Defiantly interested to see what you come up with!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #15

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Mission accomplished I posted more detail here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-solution.html

Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #17
It seemed like a good idea at the time...
RickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Retired
RickG's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to RickG
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
That is way more awesome than i expected!!!
I bet you could make that work for regular cabs too
But not access cabs
It'd be a great solution for access cabs too as long as you were willing to get rid of the folding seat bottoms and go with a platform of some sort.

Nice work OP.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #19
Law Enforcement:
Luis1's Tacoma Gallery
How much would you be selling these for? I would almost certainly buy one, as long as they don't cost me my leg right arm and right testicle. I like my right testicle. Don't judge me.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #20
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I'll never get rid of my flat folding 05-08 style rear seats. I absolutely love being able to fold it down for the dog, or to fill the back up with gun cases!

Yeah

The seats are still there