LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

whats the light for

Old 09-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
whitehot is on a distinguished road
whitehot's Tacoma Gallery
whats the light for

Hello, Im seen a red "car " light blinking under the radio next to the air bag warning light, can anyone tell me whats does the blinking light mean?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
National Champions
death valley fan is on a distinguished road

Army: Louisiana National Guard 205th Engineering Battalion Commo Section
Name: Chris
death valley fan's Tacoma Gallery
It's the engine immobilizer indicator. If it is blinking, your truck won't start.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
the truck starts just fine, then the lights goes away
Old 09-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
National Champions

Are you talking about the car with the key in the middle or the other seatbelt light or the airbag. There are like three or four lights in that general area. One is the passenger seatbelt light(may only come on if someone is in the passenger seat). The other is the passenger air bag seat(it should say on or off) Besides that I have no clue what it could be. I just got mine about a month ago, so I'm still learning.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #6
National Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
The truck only starts for you because you have the proper key with the correct code embedded in it.
You are correct sir. I read it wrong.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
thats the area left of the seat belt light, as soon as i exit the car i can see the "blinking car " light, could it be some kink of theft deterant,its ovious is trying to tell me something, un fortunatly i dont have the owners manual yet
Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #8
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
It means your ejection seat is functioning properly.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:59 AM   #9
socko3161 is on a distinguished road

socko3161's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to socko3161
all that is is a theft deterant light... Someone would look into your truck and think you have an alarm engaged so they shouldn't screw with breaking into your truck... It does have something to do with the engine immobilizer but really its there as a theft deterant.... Oh and you press it, the roof will fly off of your truck and your passenger seat will fly through the air, hope this helps
Old 09-28-2007, 04:24 AM   #10
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
It means your ejection seat is functioning properly.
Yeah, about 3 weeks ago mine deployed when I was driving in NYC. A Homeless guy came to my window and was about to wash it with a dirty rag and mine just went off. That really pisses me off! I mean does anyone know if Toyota has issues a TSB for this problem?

I can't have my automatic ejection seat going off whenever it wants to! This is a real hazard.

By the way guys, what's the little light on the lower left dash panel with the blinking hand grenade mean?

Old 09-28-2007, 06:36 AM   #11
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Yeah, about 3 weeks ago mine deployed when I was driving in NYC. A Homeless guy came to my window and was about to wash it with a dirty rag and mine just went off. That really pisses me off! I mean does anyone know if Toyota has issues a TSB for this problem?

I can't have my automatic ejection seat going off whenever it wants to! This is a real hazard.

By the way guys, what's the little light on the lower left dash panel with the blinking hand grenade mean?

I don't have my manual in front of me so I can't be 100% sure but I am pretty sure that the blinking hand grenade means that you truck has armed the self destruct. Though I am sure that you'll be able to abort it with 3 tenths of a second left on the countdown like everyone else.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #12
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post

It means your mod info is incomplete.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #13
socko3161 is on a distinguished road

socko3161's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to socko3161
The grenade means the Taco "TRD"(sound it out" function is going to kick in and it will start shooting massive turds out of the exhaust... Beware for flying stink pickles...