1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with Firestone Ride Right

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kevinvitolopez, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Jan 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    kevinvitolopez

kevinvitolopez [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Whittier, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport Tacoma
    2.5" Level kit, 7032 Procomp wheels, Goodyear AT/S 265/70/17, Clear Bra kit, Aftermarket Rockford Fosgate Audio, Ride-rite air bags
    I recently have done some work to my 2013 TRD Sport LB. I added level kit (HellBent 2.5 to the front) added some Procomps and some All-Terrain 265/70/17's. I have recently in the past 2 weeks added the Firestone Ride Rite bags to the back. It still has a slight rake (which I like) and only put the bags on because when weighed down it sat on the bump stops and rode bottomed out. Now my question is during normal driving I have tried between 5-25 psi to try and figure out a good driving pressure, but no matter what I do when I hit a bump or dip if pressure is high (15-25 psi) it's back breaking (obviously!) but then I try to run 5-15 psi and still feels like I'm bottoming out. I have the stock Bilstein shocks and wondering if this is the case. Do I need to upgrade to 5100's or 5125's. Not sure where to go with this. I want to try and get the stock ride feel back and need some input! Thanks!

2. Jan 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM
    kevinvitolopez

kevinvitolopez [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Whittier, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport Tacoma
    2.5" Level kit, 7032 Procomp wheels, Goodyear AT/S 265/70/17, Clear Bra kit, Aftermarket Rockford Fosgate Audio, Ride-rite air bags
    I've noticed that when I went out on a shooting trip and loaded it down with weight and then aired the bags up to 50-60 psi and drive off road with all the gear it rides and handles like a champ. I don't know if that will give any insight to how to fix the problem.

3. Jan 23, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    15 psi for light loads, 30-40 psi for heavy loads... I also had Bilstein 5100's installed on the back. This was on my 2005 DC. My 2010 DC does not bottom-out, so no need for the Ride Rites on it.

Very important to not add more air than needed to level the truck. People who maxed out the Ride Rites broke the frame of their truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top