Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Interior trim removal tool - which style

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #1
jaymoussy is on a distinguished road
jaymoussy's Tacoma Gallery
Question Interior trim removal tool - which style

Just bought a 2012 Base Taco and may want to add stuff.

I like the aluminum angle bracket method at or near the head unit or climate control.

Better trim removal tool for that (Toyota, harbor Frieght. Amazon, other, homemade?), or, what makes a good one a good one?

I am fond of the idea of a universal mount plate I could mount near the center dashboard, even if it involves (carefully) drilling and cleanly epoxy-ing threaded inserts...
Old 01-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
ive always just used my fingers and a flathead screwdriver wrapped in electrical tape and never had an issue removing or breaking any interior pieces
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
JimBob will become famous soon enoughJimBob will become famous soon enough

Navy: HMC, USN (FMF) (Retired)
Name: Jim
JimBob's Tacoma Gallery
Have used the cheap plastic set from Harbor Freight for the last few years. Has made life much easier!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've always just used a knife
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
I just changed out my head unit a few weeks ago. I used a butter knife and taped off the area I was going to pry against.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #6
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-66188.html
Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #7
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
fingers, screwdriver, butter knife, putty knife, anything flat laying around really. I once used a tongue depressor, made my center console open up and say ahhhhhh.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #8
jaymoussy is on a distinguished road
jaymoussy's Tacoma Gallery
Question

To be clear (and safe), we are only releasing a small catch tab, usually, nothing more sophisticated?

Products Discussed in this Thread