Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sloppy rear end

Old 03-23-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sloppy rear end

Now that I have your attention.

I got an 05 prerunner that has the 3 leaf pack and it's real mushy, sloppy and bottoms out alot. I got some Icons and TC UCA's up front and now is time to fix the rear. I have tried to get the TSB done but im out of warranty by years and miles.
So what kind of leafs or AAL are good? I could go up an inch or so from the ride height im at on the rear, fronts are set at 2.5" and I might lower them to 2" as I sag about an inch in the back. Maybe something to take out the axle wrap and also the bounce while im on the freeway?
I also replaced the shocks in the rear with some monroe reflex or something like that a year ago, its what the parts shop said to use.
Anyways, they will probably be tossed into the garbage and I will find something to go with my new leafs or AAL if that will fix it.
any suggestions? anyone replaced their rears yet?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #4
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker_Of_Elves View Post
Watch that green rep bar go to red man.

naw, I have too much rep for that.

but good try though.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
lol i shouldve quoted it damn it!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #6
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker_Of_Elves View Post
lol i shouldve quoted it damn it!

hahaha, I could repost it if you want...
Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
so , has anyone used this Icon AAL ?
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org/c...u0v5sjml3u7ee1
or the (OMG!!) 10 leaf deaver springs?? are these super stiff or what?
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm

and what about rear shocks I don't necessarily have to go cheap.
The 5100's are ok, but maybe theres something better? RR ?fox. icon??

thanx