1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help answering 2014 Tacoma purchase question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Droxxic, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jan 24, 2014 at 6:25 PM
    Droxxic

Droxxic [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello all, new member from Alberta Canada.

Been reading a lot of great information and I am about to pull the trigger on a new Tacoma. I had A couple questions regarding optioning.

On a double cab when I build a 6 speed in either Sr5 or trd, neither show locking differential as an option. It only appears on the access cab trd. This may be different in the US so maybe someone up north can help. I'm between an access cab Sr5 or trd double cab. For these two trucks, is there a locker in either. Only thé trd shows a off-road package on the double cab.

I don't need a locker, and plan to change the suspension anyways, so is the trd worth the jump?

Any help would be great, thank you and look forward to getting to know members.

Cheers!

2. Jan 24, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You can't get a double cab TRD Offroad in Canada , you can only get the TRD Offroad in an access cab

Only the TRD Offroad model has the locker

3. Jan 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Also , if you get the manual tranny in the DC it will be a shortbed ( 5' ) the auto in the DC will be a 6' bed

You can get a manual tranny in the AC , it has a 6' bed

4. Jan 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    Droxxic

Droxxic [OP] New Member

Member:
    Awesome that's exactly the answer I needed. Access cab Sr5 it is!

5. Jan 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:

You realize you only get the locker in the AC TRD Offroad and not the SR5 model , correct ?

6. Jan 25, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    TacoTrooper

TacoTrooper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Double Cab 6-spd manual
    2013 TRD Sport DCSB 6-spd manual
    It sounds like your decision is really about interior space, double vs access cab. Sounds like you want only a 6spd manual. If you don't need a locker, and plan to replace the suspension, then ask what is more important to you: A bigger cab, or a 1' longer box.

Products Discussed in

To Top