Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacomas you wish they made?

Old 01-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
shotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: DUSTOFF
shotgunshooter3's Tacoma Gallery
Tacomas you wish they made?

What Tacoma setup do you WISH Toyota made?

For me if Toyota made a DCSB 4 banger, 5 speed standard, 4x4, one would be sitting in my driveway.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #2
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery

Waiting for the this thread will most likely turn into.

I like mine just the way it is for the record.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Diesel 6x6 with heated mirrors and auto down windows. Not to leave out 40mpg and no Taco lean.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #4
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
I'm content the way mine is. Wouldn't want to add any more junk. Would be cool if I could turn off the passenger airbag. Not sure I need so many airbags.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
dilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud of

Marines: VMA-223
dilligaff82's Tacoma Gallery
DCLB TRD Off Road 6 speed manual with 4runner's engine options and/or diesel.

Also reg cab short bed v6 TRD off road. That would be a sweet little truck.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #7
MJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Mickey
MJR's Tacoma Gallery
DoubleCab with 4 foot bed. Just don't need much bed.. Would like the shorter truck
Old 01-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #8
dilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud of

Marines: VMA-223
dilligaff82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Duck View Post
Two things I would like. A manual without the throttle hang, and a manual transfer case.

But I still love my truck.
X1000 for manual transfer case. Sitting at the dealership as I type this having mine checked for difficulty getting into and out of 4 low. Not much of a problem with rev hang in mine though. Either that or I'm just used to the Civic SI I had last year for a mpg beater that had TERRIBLE rev hang. Like a full second or two.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR View Post
DoubleCab with 4 foot bed. Just don't need much bed..

They already make that

DCSB
Old 01-29-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
TJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TIM
TJGARZA84's Tacoma Gallery
Just one with better gas mileage -- love everything else --- oh and the one button opening up all doors things..... yeah that would be nice...
Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #11
MJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Mickey
MJR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They already make that

DCSB

?? Where/ in what? The bed is 5 foot now....
Old 01-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #12
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma with hover ability, like luke skywalker's speeder only a tacoma......
Old 01-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #13
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaff82 View Post

X2
Old 01-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #14
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhavin42 View Post
X2
x3
Old 01-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #15
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
I would like one with:
Automatic headlights
Heated mirrors
One-touch up and down for all windows
Better fuel economy
Dual zone climate control

or you could just say: stuff that pretty much every full-size truck now comes standard with in a truck that would actually fit in my garage and parking spaces.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #16
high voltage taco has a spectacular aura abouthigh voltage taco has a spectacular aura about
high voltage taco's Tacoma Gallery
The latest 4runner engine and manual transfer case. R150 5 speed tranny. fzj80 e-locking diff straight axles front and rear with manual hubs. Metal bed with the width they used to be in the 90's. And manual windows all in the DCSB body I have now.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #17
nextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to all

nextfriday's Tacoma Gallery
Small block v8
Old 01-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #18
TugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
TugBoatTrash's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X1000 for manual transfer case. Sitting at the dealership as I type this having mine checked for difficulty getting into and out of 4 low. Not much of a problem with rev hang in mine though. Either that or I'm just used to the Civic SI I had last year for a mpg beater that had TERRIBLE rev hang. Like a full second or two.
had some issues with my 2014 coming out of 4low. Found that if I roll the truck a little it disengages. Seems that the drive train gets a little bound up and rolling releases the tension. Sometimes their is an audible pop as it comes out of 4low as well.

Thread jack over...
Old 01-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #19
jangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjangel2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
jangel2's Tacoma Gallery
Give me the Dodge 3.0L EcoDiesel, if you need to rename it Toyota go ahead, but don't give me that weak ass 3.0L Toyota diesel in the Hilux.

Beefier suspension options, air bags factory installed.

Option for one piece driveshaft.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #20
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR View Post
?? Where/ in what? The bed is 5 foot now....
The bed in Canada is 4'. Because of the exchange rate.