1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water and dirt under clear plastic by wheel well

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacomagirl12, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Feb 1, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    Tacomagirl12

Tacomagirl12 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michelle
    Hollywood,FL
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner 4 x 2
    Bull bar, Leer bed cover, TRD cold intake, chrome Nerf bars, some interior color changes...much more I want to do!
    I have a 2005 TRD PreRunner Access Cab. Near the wheel wells is a protective clear "sticker" that I am dying to take off because water is under it and it is brown underneath the sticker and looks like crap.

Has anyone taken this off their trucks? I am looking for someone who has as I don't want a sticky mess left on my truck or any other problems from me removing it. Any guidance or input from you guys is appreciated, I love these forums!

Cheers!

2. Feb 1, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    I haven't taken them off, but you could try a hairdryer on the hottest setting and see if that gets the adhesive warm enough to start pulling off the cover.

3. Feb 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    02Duck

02Duck manuals make it better

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4WD TRD Off Road 6MT
    TRD Exhaust, Mobtown bolt on sliders and aluminum tailgate reinforcement, Reverse lights changed to yellow turn signals, LED pods added for reverse, ADD W1 oil catch can, Total Chaos bed reinforcement, rear diff breather to taillight mod, 12" combo led bars behind lower grill wired to high beams, Toyota led bed light kit, 400 watt anytime mod, SSO slimeline front bumper.
    I wanted to do the same thing, but I didn't because I believe it protects the paint from the doors. Something to consider?
    If you still want to take it off I would say hairdryer also, and pull slowly.

4. Feb 1, 2014 at 9:24 AM
    Tacomagirl12

Tacomagirl12 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michelle
    Hollywood,FL
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner 4 x 2
    Bull bar, Leer bed cover, TRD cold intake, chrome Nerf bars, some interior color changes...much more I want to do!
    I know, that is a concern of mine too...i guess i can see if i can get replacements and at least get these old ones off, they just take away from the whole clean look of my truck. I like your hair dryer idea...
    I want to post pictures but i dont have them set at a URL to share.

5. Feb 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    motorcycle07

motorcycle07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle of somewhere
    Vehicle:
    '13 Acc 4X4 V6 TRD Tow
    You can buy 3M film to replace the pieces you take off. I have put some on my motorcycle tank to protect from zipper scratches. The place I bought it from recommended glue on film for places that see more stress than tank protectors (like front fender or hood protectors). For the tank protectors you just spray isopropyl alcohol on the film apply and remove air pockets.

Products Discussed in

To Top