1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issue with the weather app on 2014 entune premium with nav

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by peto48, Feb 1, 2014.

1. May 9, 2014 at 7:11 AM
    jessandjamie

jessandjamie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    I just don't get this. Only in America is everyone is out to make a buck and sue people at the drop of a hat. I don't know if people are buying these trucks sight unseen or just not paying attention. I'm speculating, but, no one made you buy the truck that didnt have a mirror??? Right???

2. May 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    martinh

martinh Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2018 MBP Limited
    The farkles have started and on order
    I don't use my weather app at all. It only gives me a city 50+ miles away and I know that there are closer places. When I drive about 10 miles from my home it updates to a local weather closer to me. Toyota should have improved this app before releasing it. My Garmin that has weather on it picks up closer city's than Toyota weather app.

3. May 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Ok obviously you didn't read my post. There was no "bait and switch". Once again it is your fault for not reading your window sticker. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out but in your case I might be mistaken. Because a brochure wasn't updated or a Web page wasn't updated DOES NOT mean you get those items.

Class action suit.... give me a fucking break. They would laugh you out of the court room with that shit.

Judge: Did you read the window sticker?

You: Nope

Judge: Case dismissed:rolleyes:

4. May 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    Ehc0720

Ehc0720 Active Member

Member:
    When I start my truck up it gives me the weather for a town about 100 mi away. I hit detail then home and it gets me the weather were I live, weird.

5. May 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    When I start my truck and hit the weather app it gives me the weather where I live. Radar too;)

13 FTW

6. May 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    NoDak

NoDak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Minot, ND
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Blazing Blue

well if you didn't notice, the very last line of the brouchure says

7. May 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I've very sure he missed that part but logic has obviously gone out the window with him.

8. May 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    107main

107main Active Member

Member:
    Did you read very detail on the window sticker? I highly doubt it. No, I am not going to,sue them, but they need to be stopped, there are laws against what they are doing and I am surprised that no one has did anything about it. I have a friend that went by the brochure, only to find the camera was not on his truck as the brochure said it was, he now has the camera and Toyota paid the tab, no lawsuit, just a complaint to the and they fixed THEIR mistake and misleading marketing materials.
    And, by the way Jessie and Jamie, try not to be utterly stupid...no one makes a habit on reading the window stickers, I asked around and no one has told me they read it line by line to make sure of every feature..most told me they read the brochures and buy from them as they EXPECT the brochures to be correct. You must work for Toyota!

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  9. May 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    107main

107main Active Member

Member:
    Another Toyota worker? If
    I read all the disclaimers I would not buy anything, they are not there for the customer, they are there to protect Toyota from having to correct their mistakes. They had a brochure, the parts/ feature were apparently never on the particular model, yet proudly printed as being there..come and buy one!. They mislead, and you expect the customer to lose? Talk about warped logic, you are good at that. I just never run into misleading brochures with other brands of vehicles and I have had about 50 of them in my life, never saw this before!
    Anyway, you sit back and take a screwing, I won't do it. if I worked for Toyota, I would have to bite my lip and not say anything. If you don't work for Toyota, and take this abuse, then no one can help you and you don't deserve help!

10. May 9, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I read every line of my sticker and I test drove my truck to make sure it had everything I wanted in it. That is what most informed people do when they make a purchase as big as a $35k truck. If you didn't do that then it is your fault. You keep bringing up the brochure which means dick. Your.... Window..... Sticker.... Is....All....That....Matters! Simple as that.

11. May 9, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    Square

Square Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Mission Viejo, CA
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB SR5 4WD MGM
    Somewhat back on topic, I don't have the entune or nav, but I do have the Weather Channel app. To be honest, the thing is freakin useless. I want to know the temp where I am, not 15 miles away at whatever hub they use. As far as actual weather? I can look out my windshield and tell you what the weather is like. Heck, even my cell phone can give me an estimate of what the weather is going to be like for the next few days.

Biggest complaint though, how the volume changes every time it goes in and out of HD radio. I live in Orange County for Pete sakes, I can't imagine what it would be like if I went somewhere remote.

12. May 9, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Honestly I don't know why they changed the 13-14 systems. The 13 is far superior than the 14 as far as the way it connects with the phone. It is accurate to the location your phone is at and therefore displays the same thing on the screen.

13. May 11, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    kc123

kc123 Member

Member:
    Last night while driving home, I was in Winston Salem, NC which is a big city and it was giving me the temp in Asheboro, NC !! a city over an hour away !!...This things is bad :confused: At least my Rav4 had a temp on the vehicle that was accurate and I could look at the display and get it. The Nav is off by at least 100 yards. My Garmin puts this thing to shame. Hate to have to take up part of my windshield putting my Garmin there, but if I have to guess I will. Looks like the more you pay for vehicles these days the less you get!!

14. Aug 2, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    otis24

otis24 Hard Shell Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    California
    Vehicle:
    OtisBound Outdoors Bodonkadonk
    OtisBound Bodonkadonk
    I understand your frustration. However, as it's been stated all the information is right there for you on the window sticker.

If I were to blame anyone (besides myself) it would be the sales person for not listening and understanding your needs. If they had done this they would have pointed out that this particular vehicle is not equipped with all the features you're looking for. However, it will cost this much and leave the decision up to you.

15. Aug 2, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    otis24

otis24 Hard Shell Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    California
    Vehicle:
    OtisBound Outdoors Bodonkadonk
    OtisBound Bodonkadonk

You should also be able to view other major cities in 6 hour and 3 day increments.

Products Discussed in

To Top